Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite's engine, 420 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 7000W and reaches a peak wattage of 8750W.
This generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a full tank, the 30663 Elite can operate for around 9 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.83 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons.
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
With its dimensions of L34.8 x W22.3 x H26 in, the conventional, open frame design of the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Since the generator weighs 221 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit (⌀12") and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
To help you monitor the 30663 Elite's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an illuminated data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Briggs & Stratton also included a battery charger in the 30663 Elite's packaging.
The Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite is neither EPA approved nor CARB-compliant..
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- As its dry weight is 221 pounds, the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 6500 to 7500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Lifan LF7250, weighing just 140 pounds.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 30663 Elite, reaching 9 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Pulsar PG7500B, reaching 13 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.83 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 6500-7500W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- No remote start
- No EPA or CARB compliance
- On the heavy side (221 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7000 W|
|Starting watts||8750 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||72.9/36.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||7.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||34.8 x 22.3 x 26 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Battery charger|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30663 Elite is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.