Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite is a portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite houses a 420 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 7500W along with a peak wattage of 9375W.
Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons allows the 30552 Elite to operate for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.83 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
The Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L28 x W30 x H29 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 232 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit (⌀12") and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
To help you monitor the 30552 Elite's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the usual set of documentation and user manual to get you promptly started, Briggs & Stratton also included a battery charger in the 30552 Elite's packaging.
The Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite is CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite compare to generators of similar power (between 7000 and 8000 W).
- A weight of 232 lbs makes the Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite one of the heavier devices in the 7000-8000 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Predator 8750, standing at just 183 lbs.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the 30552 Elite, reaching around 9 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 9000, as it provides around 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 0.83 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Predator 8750, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7000-8000W generators, the Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Electric start
- On the expensive side
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (232 lbs)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc Briggs & Stratton OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||7500 W|
|Starting watts||9375 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||62.5/31.3 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||78.1/39.1 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||7.5 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 30 x 29 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||N/A|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Battery charger|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Briggs & Stratton is a well renowned American based gasoline engine manufacturer. While the company mainly focuses on engines – including outdoor, power tool, karting, cast iron and aluminum models, power generators are a crucial component of their portfolio as well – Briggs & Stratton provides both portable and standby solutions for casual users with full support, including installation. The company operates on a global scale, with 13 facilities spread across all the of the continents.
The Briggs & Stratton 30552 Elite is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton generators, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies stated in the user manual. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support : 1-800-743-4115.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.