Zoom on the Atima SD3000i
In summary, the Atima SD3000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Atima SD3000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 196 cc 168FB OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2600W and also a peak wattage of 3000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 59 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb).
With a full tank, the SD3000i can operate for up to 7 hours (fuel consumption around 0.23 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SD3000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even if this Atima generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
Since the Atima SD3000i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L21.7 x W15.4 x H15.7 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The SD3000i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 70.5 lbs. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of a wheel kit and a folding handle, once it is on the ground.
Several light indicators serve to show you when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the Atima SD3000i is packaged with the standard documentation and a user manual, helping you start the device right away.
The Atima SD3000i is CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Atima SD3000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima SD3000i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Atima SD3000i only weighs in at 70.5 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Honda EG2800i, standing at just 66.6 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 59 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing 7 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the SD3000i falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EU3000iS, which is able to run for 20 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is somewhat less fuel efficient than devices of comparable output: its estimated fuel consumption reaches 0.23 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3200P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (70.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (59 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||196 cc 168FB OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||7 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21.7 x 15.4 x 15.7 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||59 dBA|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima SD3000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.