Zoom on the Atima SD2000i
In summary, the Atima SD2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Atima SD2000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 113 cc 158F OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 54 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1 gallon allows the SD2000i to operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SD2000i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Atima SD2000i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L21 x W11.8 x H18.2 in. Thus, it is more esthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The SD2000i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 50.7 lbs. In addition, its nifty handle (molded in the case) improves your grip, allowing for an easy displacement of the SD2000i from place to place.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the features previously mentioned, accessory-wise, the Atima SD2000i comes with the usual documentation and user manual needed to get you promptly started.
The Atima SD2000i is CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The Atima SD2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima SD2000i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 50.7 lbs, the Atima SD2000i belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN 56202i, with a dry weight of only 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 54 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SD2000i, reaching 8 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the Energizer eZV2000P is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the Atima SD2000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (54 dBA)
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Atima SD2000i?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||113 cc 158F OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 11.8 x 18.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||54 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima SD2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.