Zoom on the Atima SD2000i CAMO
In a nutshell, the Atima SD2000i CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Atima SD2000i CAMO's build contains a gasoline-fueled 113 cc 158F OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 54 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1 gallon, the SD2000i CAMO may run for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH).
The SD2000i CAMO generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Since the Atima SD2000i CAMO is an inverter generator, its closed design (L21 x W11.8 x H18.2 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the SD2000i CAMO's weight is only 50.7 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, displacement is an easy task, as the SD2000i CAMO features a nifty handle (molded in the case), improving your grip greatly.
When its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Atima SD2000i CAMO's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO is CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima SD2000i CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 50.7 lbs, the Atima SD2000i CAMO belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56202i with only 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 54 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SD2000i CAMO, reaching up to 8 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching up to 26 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Standing at an estimated 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Predator 2000. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (54 dBA)
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||113 cc 158F OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 11.8 x 18.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||54 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.