Zoom on the Atima SD2000i CAMO
In a nutshell, the Atima SD2000i CAMO is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The Atima SD2000i CAMO's build contains a gasoline-fueled 113 cc 158F OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 54 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The SD2000i CAMO can operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.13 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
The SD2000i CAMO produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L21 x W11.8 x H18.2 in. Thus, it is more esthetical than conventional, open frame products. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The SD2000i CAMO can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 50.7 lbs. Moreover, the convenient handle (molded in the case) greatly enhances the grip, making displacing the SD2000i CAMO from A to B always an easy task.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Atima SD2000i CAMO also comes with the basic documentation and a user manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO is CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima SD2000i CAMO compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a weight of 50.7 pounds, the Atima SD2000i CAMO places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the WEN 56202i, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 54 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 8 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides 26 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.13 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV2000P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Quiet for its power (54 dBA)
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Atima SD2000i CAMO?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||113 cc 158F OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||5.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 11.8 x 18.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||54 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima SD2000i CAMO is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.