Zoom on the Atima SD1000i
In a nutshell, the Atima SD1000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Atima SD1000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 53.2 cc 144F OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 900W and also a peak wattage of 1000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon, the SD1000i may run for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.08 GPH).
The SD1000i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 6A receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
As the Atima SD1000i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L18.5 x W10.2 x H15.2 in) offers more esthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Weighing just 30.9 lbs, the SD1000i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the generator is overloaded and the oil level is too low.
As for its accessories, apart from the previously mentioned features, the Atima SD1000i also comes with the basic documentation and a user manual, allowing you to start it right away.
The Atima SD1000i is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The Atima SD1000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima SD1000i compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Atima SD1000i only weighs in at 30.9 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 500-1500 rated wattage range. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i with only 20.3 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU1000i. With just 42 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The SD1000i, offering a run time of 9 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Yamaha EF1000iS, boasting with 11.9 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.08 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Yamaha EF1000iS, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.06 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (30.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Where to buy the Atima SD1000i?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||53.2 cc 144F OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||900 W|
|Starting watts||1000 W|
|Running amps||7.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||8.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||9 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 6A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||0.7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||18.5 x 10.2 x 15.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima SD1000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.