Zoom on the Atima SD1000i
In summary, the Atima SD1000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
Power & Run Time
The Atima SD1000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 53.2 cc 144F OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 900W and also a peak wattage of 1000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon allows the SD1000i to operate for up to 9 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.08 GPH).
As the SD1000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 6A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
The Atima SD1000i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18.5 x W10.2 x H15.2 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Weighing just 30.9 lbs, the SD1000i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to a handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded.
Along with the aforementioned features, from an accessory standpoint, the Atima SD1000i's box includes the typical documentation and a user manual, which will help you start your generator promptly.
The Atima SD1000i is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Atima SD1000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima SD1000i compare to generators of similar power (between 500 and 1500 W).
- As for its weight, the Atima SD1000i weighs only 30.9 pounds, making it one of the lighter generators in the 500-1500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Sportsman GEN1000i with only 20.3 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU1000i. With just 42 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Offering up to 9 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the SD1000i is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Yamaha EF1000iS, with up to 11.9 hours .
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.08 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Yamaha EF1000iS, with a fuel consumption of 0.06 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (30.9 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||53.2 cc 144F OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||900 W|
|Starting watts||1000 W|
|Running amps||7.5 amps|
|Peaks amps||8.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||9 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 6A receptacle|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||0.7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||18.5 x 10.2 x 15.2 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima SD1000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.