Zoom on the Atima AY3000i
In summary, the Atima AY3000i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Atima AY3000i's core is the 171 cc (4 hp) Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 2600W and a peak wattage of 3000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 56 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the AY3000i may run for up to 10.3 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the AY3000i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V usb port receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This Atima generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L23.4 x W17.8 x H20.6 in), the Atima AY3000i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The 77.2 lbs of the AY3000i's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible with a wheel kit and a folding handle.
To help you monitor the AY3000i's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with an illuminated data center, giving you information on the power output, lifetime run hours and voltage.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is overloaded, the oil level is too low and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the Atima AY3000i also comes with several accessories, including: oil, tool kit, battery charging cables and funnel.
The Atima AY3000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The Atima AY3000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima AY3000i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Weight-wise, the Atima AY3000i has only 77.2 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 2500 to 3500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Honda EG2800i, standing at just 66.6 lbs.
- With a lowest noise rating of 56 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 10.3 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Honda EU3000iS, boasting with 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Atima AY3000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (77.2 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (56 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the Atima AY3000i?
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||10.3 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
1x 5V usb port
|Data center||Voltage, lifetime run hours and power output|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||23.4 x 17.8 x 20.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||56 dBA|
|Security||Overload and low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Battery charging cables, oil, tool kit and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima AY3000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.