Zoom on the Atima AY3000i
In summary, the Atima AY3000i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The Atima AY3000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 171 cc (4 hp) Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 2600W and also a peak wattage of 3000W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit not included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 56 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the AY3000i can operate for up to 10.3 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
The AY3000i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V usb port receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This Atima generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L23.4 x W17.8 x H20.6 in), the Atima AY3000i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The 77.2 lbs of the AY3000i's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. In addition, with a wheel kit and a folding handle, it may be displaced with ease, once placed the floor.
One of the many AY3000i's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the power output, voltage and lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the Atima AY3000i, the following accessories are also included: battery charging cables, funnel, tool kit and oil.
The Atima AY3000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The Atima AY3000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima AY3000i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the Atima AY3000i only weighs in at 77.2 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 56 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 10.3 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the AY3000i is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Honda EU3000iS, which is able to run for up to 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.13 GPH, the Energizer eZV3200P is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the Atima AY3000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (77.2 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (56 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||10.3 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
1x 5V usb port
|Data center||Voltage, lifetime run hours and power output|
|Indicators||Low oil, output ready and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||23.4 x 17.8 x 20.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||56 dBA|
|Security||Overload and low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Battery charging cables, oil, tool kit and funnel|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima AY3000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.