Zoom on the Atima AY3000i
In summary, the Atima AY3000i is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Amateur DIY lovers
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The Atima AY3000i is powered by a 171 cc (4 hp) Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 2600W as well as a peak wattage of 3000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (Atima AGC103 parallel kit (opens in a new tab) not included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 56 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the AY3000i can operate for up to 10.3 hours (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon.
The AY3000i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This Atima generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
The Atima AY3000i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L23.4 x W17.8 x H20.6 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
As the AY3000i's weight is only 77.2 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is on the ground.
One of the many AY3000i's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the power output, lifetime run hours and voltage and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
The inverter generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the Atima AY3000i's package also includes these accessories: funnel, tool kit, oil and battery charging cables.
The Atima AY3000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The Atima AY3000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the Atima AY3000i compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the Atima AY3000i stands at only 77.2 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of only 66.1 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 56 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 10.3 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the AY3000i falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Honda EU3000iS, reaching up to 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Energizer eZV3200P, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.13 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight for its kind (77.2 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (56 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||171 cc Yamaha MZ175 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||2600 W|
|Starting watts||3000 W|
|Running amps||21.7 amps|
|Peaks amps||25 amps|
|Run time @50% load||N/A|
|Run time @25% load||10.3 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
1x 5V USB port
|Data center||Power output, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.4 x 17.8 x 20.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||56 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Atima brand is owned by the Shanghai Cosmo company, a newcomer to the portable generator market, founded just recently in 2010. However, they have a lot going for them, due to their instantly recognizable black and white design, one of the most good-looking that we have encountered over the years, and a hidden gem inside some of their models – a genuine Yamaha engine. The company focuses exclusively on inverter generators, and unlike many manufacturers isn’t shy or secretive about their origin – China. Atima offers a 2-year warranty on all their products, a 30-day return policy, and promises great customer service overall.
The Atima AY3000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of Atima generators, please consult Atima's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-844-428-6922.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||1992 W||2992 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||2075 W||2525 W|
|Total||1730 W||2830 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.