This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA8000iSF
In summary, the A-iPower SUA8000iSF is a powerful portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF houses a 459 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 7,000W along with a peak wattage of 8,000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), this inverter generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 6.7 gallons, the SUA8000iSF may run for around 13 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.52 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA8000iSF generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L29 x W24 x H28 in), the A-iPower SUA8000iSF, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
As the generator's weight is 231 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its set of 4 wheels and its double handle (molded in the case) (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The control panel of the SUA8000iSF includes a convenient meter, which displays voltage, frequency and lifetime hours, helpful for the monitoring of its status and activity.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the inverter generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SUA8000iSF also comes with some accessories: oil, tool kit and battery charging cables are included.
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF is CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA8000iSF compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- At a dry weight of 231 pounds, the A-iPower SUA8000iSF is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 6500 and 7500 running watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, weighing just 133 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 65 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powerhorse 7500i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 55 dBA.
- With a run time of around 13 hours at 50% load, the SUA8000iSF has one of the higher run times, compared to its similarly powerful peers. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Generac XC6500E, which is able to run for around 14 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.52 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV7500, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.45 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (65 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (231 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7,000 W|
|Starting watts||8,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||13 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
1x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||6.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29 x 24 x 28 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||5587 W||7062 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||5580 W||6000 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||3480 W||7980 W|
Does it have an auto choke? (Asked September 26, 2020)
The multi-switch located on the control panel is used to control the fuel and choke.
Are there instructions on how to float the neutral? (Asked February 27, 2021)
You may refer to our article on neutral conversion.
I have i power 8000 watt generator inverter. My question is which kind of oil should I use when I want to change the oil?? (Asked July 19, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.