Zoom on the A-iPower SUA8000iSF
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA8000iSF is a powerful portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF houses a 459 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 7000W along with a peak wattage of 8000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 65 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office), this inverter generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 6.7 gallons, the SUA8000iSF may run for around 13 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.52 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA8000iSF generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 6 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
As the A-iPower SUA8000iSF is an inverter generator, its encased design (L29 x W24 x H28 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 231 pounds. Nevertheless, thanks to its set of 4 wheels and its double handle (molded in the case) (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
To help you monitor the SUA8000iSF's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA8000iSF, the following accessories are also included: battery charging cables, oil and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA8000iSF compare to generators of similar power (between 6500 and 7500 W).
- At a dry weight of 231 pounds, the A-iPower SUA8000iSF is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 6500 and 7500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Sportsman GEN85KIDF, standing at just 133 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 65 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Powerhorse 7500i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 55 dBA.
- The SUA8000iSF provides a higher run time than similarly powerful devices, reaching around 13 hours at 50% load. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Generac XC6500, boasting with around 14 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.52 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (65 dBA)
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (231 lbs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||7000 W|
|Starting watts||8000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||66.7/33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||13 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
1x 5V USB port
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||6.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||29 x 24 x 28 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA8000iSF is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||5595 W||7095 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||5590 W||6180 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||3480 W||7980 W|
Does it have an auto choke? (Asked September 26, 2020)
The multi-switch located on the control panel is used to control the fuel and choke.
Are there instructions on how to float the neutral? (Asked February 27, 2021)
You may refer to our article on neutral conversion.
I have i power 8000 watt generator inverter. My question is which kind of oil should I use when I want to change the oil?? (Asked July 19, 2021)
For general, all-temperature use, SAE 10W-30 is recommended.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.