Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7600iED
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA7600iED is a portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile A-iPower SUA7600iED provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 6,100W along with a peak wattage of 7,600W. While propane-powered, it provides 5,500 rated watts and 6,900 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (PK12000 not included), this power can be increased when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
A-iPower’s Fuel Sense technology automatically selects the fuel source (LPG or gasoline) depending on availability and prioritizes LPG. Thus, if a propane tank with enough LPG is connected, the generator will automatically use LPG. If the propane cylinder valve is closed, or if there is not enough LPG remaining in the tank, the generator will use gasoline.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 66 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The running time of the SUA7600iED, with its 3.6 gallons fuel capacity, can reach up to 10 hours on a full tank of gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH). With propane, it can reach up to 11.2 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.42 GPH).
As the SUA7600iED produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 4 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Even if this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included), thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, as the SUA7600iED holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The A-iPower SUA7600iED's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L28 x W22 x H24 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
As the generator's weight is 130 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its set of 2 wheels (⌀4") and its telecospic handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
A digital data center, one of the features of the SUA7600iED's control panel, gives you information on the fuel level, power output, frequency, voltage and lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is on overload.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA7600iED also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, battery charging cables, RV adapter, battery charger, oil and propane hose.
The A-iPower SUA7600iED is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA7600iED versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7600iED compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the A-iPower SUA7600iED stands at only 130 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 5500-6500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, with a dry weight of only 118 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 66 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- The SUA7600iED's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only up to 10 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP7500DX, reaching up to 18 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Standing at an estimated 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, this inverter generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.29 GPH, the DuroMax XP7500DX is a device you could look out for.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- RV adapter included
- Electric start
- Parallel capable
- Fuel Sense technology
- Lightweight for its kind (130 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (66 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Yes, cable not included
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|322 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|28 x 22 x 24 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, tool kit, battery charger, propane hose, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and battery
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7600iED is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Microwave (1000 watts)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.