-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 7
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000L
In summary, the A-iPower SUA7000L is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Food truck owners who do not wish to see their business interrupted under any circumstances
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000L's engine, 322 cc (9 hp) Senci SV320 OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 6,000W and reaches a peak wattage of 7,000W.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower), the generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA7000L can operate for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 4 gallons.
Since the SUA7000L has a high THD (<23%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
As the SUA7000L holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L24 x W23.3 x H21.8 in, the conventional, open frame design of the A-iPower SUA7000L offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 134 lbs. However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit (⌀7") and its folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
One of the many SUA7000L's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA7000L, the following accessories are also included: battery charging cables, oil and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA7000L is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000L versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000L compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the A-iPower SUA7000L stands at only 134 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter devices of the 5500-6500 rated wattage category If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar G65BN, weighing just 126 pounds.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 74 dBA. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- The SUA7000L, falls within the average autonomy range compared to generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of around 11 hours at a 50% load and a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Predator 6500, as it provides around 14.5 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is among the most fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (134 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No 50-amp output
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Engine||322 cc Senci SV320 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6,000 W|
|Starting watts||7,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24 x 23.3 x 21.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4792 W||6292 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4795 W||5385 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
How much oil goes in the crank case? (Asked November 09, 2022)
Engine oil capacity is 28.7 fl.oz.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.