Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000L
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA7000L is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000L's core is the 320 cc (9 hp) Senci SV320 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6000W and a peak wattage of 7000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 81 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons allows the SUA7000L to operate for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.6 GPH).
The SUA7000L is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<23%).
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the SUA7000L is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The A-iPower SUA7000L has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27 x W20.9 x H21.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
As the generator's weight is 160.6 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many SUA7000L's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA7000L also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, oil and battery charging cables.
The A-iPower SUA7000L is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000L versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000L compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA7000L only weighs in at 160.6 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 5500-6500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 81 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU7000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 52 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 11 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA7000L is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, reaching around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.6 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, with a fuel consumption of 0.38 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the A-iPower SUA7000L is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Lightweight for its kind (160.6 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (81 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||320 cc Senci SV320 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6000 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 20.9 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||81 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4792 W||5792 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4795 W||5385 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.