Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000L
In summary, the A-iPower SUA7000L is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000L's core is the 320 cc (9 hp) Senci SV320 OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 6000W and a peak wattage of 7000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 81 dBA (just slightly more noisy than garbage disposal), this generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons, the SUA7000L may run for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.6 GPH).
The quite high THD (<23%) of the SUA7000L makes it unsuitable for powering sensitive of electronic devices.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.As it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the SUA7000L is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
The A-iPower SUA7000L has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27 x W20.9 x H21.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 160.6 pounds. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The control panel of the SUA7000L includes an illuminated data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when the oil level is too low.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SUA7000L also comes with some accessories: oil, tool kit and battery charging cables are included.
The A-iPower SUA7000L is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000L versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000L compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- In terms of its dry weigh, the A-iPower SUA7000L stands at only 160.6 lbs, meaning that is one of the one of the lighter devices of the 5500-6500 rated wattage category Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 81 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA7000L, with an autonomy of 11 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, with 15 hours .
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.6 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.38 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the A-iPower SUA7000L is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Lightweight for its kind (160.6 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (81 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the A-iPower SUA7000L?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||320 cc Senci SV320 OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6000 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27 x 20.9 x 21.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||81 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.