Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA7000 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food truck owners who want to ensure that their business is fully self-contained and does not rely on potentially unreliable external power
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000 is powered by a 389 cc (13 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 6,000W as well as a peak wattage of 7,000W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher).
The fuel capacity of 7 gallons allows the SUA7000 to operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.58 GPH).
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
As the SUA7000 holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The A-iPower SUA7000 has the following dimensions: L27.8 x W27.2 x H25.4 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
While the generator is considered to be technically 'portable' (in the sense that you can move it), manually lifting and transporting it may be challenging, due to its high weight of 195 lbs. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
The control panel of the SUA7000 includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA7000 also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit, RV adapter, oil and battery charging cables.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 195 lbs, the A-iPower SUA7000 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 5500 and 6500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar G65BN, with a dry weight of just 126 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 74 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU7000iS with only 52 dBA.
- Since the SUA7000 boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Predator 6500, with around 14.5 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.58 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.36 GPH, the A-iPower SUA7000L is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the A-iPower SUA7000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- High run time
- Decent weight (195 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6,000 W|
|Starting watts||7,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.8 x 27.2 x 25.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4797 W||6272 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||4780 W||5200 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.