Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000
In summary, the A-iPower SUA7000 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000's design includes a gasoline-fueled 389 cc (13 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6000W and also a peak wattage of 7000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA7000 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.58 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 7 gallons.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Since the SUA7000 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
With its dimensions of L27.8 x W27.2 x H25.4 in, the conventional, open frame design of the A-iPower SUA7000 offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 195 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
The control panel of the SUA7000 includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA7000 also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, battery charging cables, oil and RV adapter.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 195 lbs, the A-iPower SUA7000 belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 5500 and 6500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar G65BN, with a dry weight of just 126 pounds.
- Since the generator's noise is rated at 74 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU7000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 52 dBA.
- Offering around 12 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the SUA7000 is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Cat RP5500, reaching around 15 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.58 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.38 GPH, the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the A-iPower SUA7000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Decent weight (195 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6000 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.8 x 27.2 x 25.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4797 W||6272 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||4780 W||5200 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.