Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA7000 is a portable generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000 is powered by a 389 cc (13 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 6,000W as well as a peak wattage of 7,000W.
With a noise rating of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SUA7000 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.58 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 7 gallons.
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
Since the SUA7000 bears a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it is easily connectible to a breaker box and can power your home in case of a power outage.
The design of the A-iPower SUA7000 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L27.8 x W27.2 x H25.4 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
As the generator's weight is 195 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀9.5") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
Monitoring of the SUA7000's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if its oil levels are insufficient.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA7000 also is packed along with the following accessories: battery charging cables, tool kit, RV adapter and oil.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 195 lbs, the A-iPower SUA7000 belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 5500 to 6500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGDA70BiSCO, weighing just 118 pounds.
- The generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 74 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU7000iS, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 52 dBA.
- Since the SUA7000 boasts with a run time of around 12 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most generators of a comparable output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Predator 6500, reaching around 14.5 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Standing at an estimated 0.58 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.36 GPH, the A-iPower SUA7000L is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the A-iPower SUA7000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- High run time
- Decent weight (195 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No 50-amp output
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6,000 W|
|Starting watts||7,000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.8 x 27.2 x 25.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||4797 W||6272 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Total||4780 W||5200 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Concrete vibrator (1 hp)||1080||1080|
|Total||4280 W||6980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.