Zoom on the A-iPower SUA7000
In summary, the A-iPower SUA7000 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA7000's build contains a gasoline-fueled 389 cc (13 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 6000W and also a peak wattage of 7000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 74 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, the SUA7000 can operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.58 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.Because the SUA7000 is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The A-iPower SUA7000 has the following dimensions: L27.8 x W27.2 x H25.4 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
As the generator's weight is 195 pounds, manually moving it or transporting it may be challenging, despite the fact that it is technically considered 'portable' (movable). Never less, thanks to a wheel kit (⌀9.5") and a folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
A digital data center, one of the features of the SUA7000’s control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if its oil levels are insufficient.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA7000, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, battery charging cables, oil and RV adapter.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA7000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA7000 compare to generators of similar power (between 5500 and 6500 W).
- At a weight of 195 pounds, the A-iPower SUA7000 places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 5500-6500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Lifan LF7250, with a dry weight of only 140 lbs.
- This generator has a somewhat average expected noise for its power range, rated at 74 dBA. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU7000iS with only 52 dBA.
- The SUA7000, offering a run time of around 12 hours with a full tank at a 50% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Cat RP5500, boasting with around 15 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.58 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Lifan ESI 7000iER-EFI, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.38 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 5500-6500W generators, the A-iPower SUA7000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Decent weight (195 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (74 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||6000 W|
|Starting watts||7000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||58.3/29.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27.8 x 27.2 x 25.4 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||74 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, oil, RV adapter and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA7000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.