-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 15
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA6000ED
In summary, the A-iPower SUA6000ED is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Food van owners who know that just a short power outage could lose them hundreds of dollars
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile A-iPower SUA6000ED provides an output of 120/240V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 5,500W along with a peak wattage of 6,000W. While propane-powered, it provides 5,000 rated watts and 5,500 starting watts.
A-iPower’s Switch On Demand technology allows you to switch from propane to gasoline or from gasoline to propane while the generator is running.
The generator is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the SUA6000ED can operate for around 6.5 hours at 50% load using gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.62 GPH), or for around 5 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.94 GPH) using propane.
Since the SUA6000ED has a high THD (<20%), it is advisable to not use it for the powering of sensitive electronic devices.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Because the SUA6000ED is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The A-iPower SUA6000ED has the following dimensions: L24.4 x W18.9 x H22.5 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 157.7 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, its wheel kit (⌀7.5") and its folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
One of the many SUA6000ED's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA6000ED's package also includes these accessories: oil, battery charger and propane hose.
The A-iPower SUA6000ED is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA6000ED versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA6000ED compare to dual fuel generators of similar power (between 5000 and 6000 W).
- With a dry weight of 157.7 pounds, the A-iPower SUA6000ED finds itself in the expected weight range for dual fuel generators able to produce between 5000 and 6000 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Genmax GM6000iED, weighing just 117.9 pounds.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devices of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Genmax GM7250iEDC, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 63 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 6.5 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA6000ED falls into the low end in comparison with other dual fuel devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Firman H05752, with around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.62 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse WGen5300DFv. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.43 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 5000-6000W dual fuel generators, the A-iPower SUA6000ED is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Dual Fuel
- Switch On Demand technology
- Decent weight (157.7 lbs)
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||322 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||5,500 W||5,000 W|
|Starting watts||6,000 W||5,500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||45.8/22.9 amps||41.7/20.8 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||50/25 amps||45.8/22.9 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h||5 h *|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.4 x 18.9 x 22.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, battery charger, propane hose, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA6000ED is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||4397 W||5897 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||4390 W||4980 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Total||3280 W||5980 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.