Zoom on the A-iPower SUA4500
In summary, the A-iPower SUA4500 is a portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA4500 houses a 208 cc (7 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 3500W along with a peak wattage of 4500W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 68 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 4 gallons, the SUA4500 may run for around 11 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.36 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the SUA4500 is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The design of the A-iPower SUA4500 is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L24.5 x W22.8 x H22.6 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 111 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀7") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
Monitoring of the SUA4500's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SUA4500 also comes with some accessories: tool kit, oil and RV adapter are included.
The A-iPower SUA4500 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA4500 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA4500 compare to generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- With a dry weight of 111 pounds, the A-iPower SUA4500 finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 3000 and 4000 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the WEN GN400i, with a dry weight of just 66.1 pounds.
- Because this generator emits noise as low as 68 dBA, it can be considered to have a pretty average expected noise rating for a device of its power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Cat INV4000E, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 51 dBA.
- The SUA4500's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 11 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Predator 4375, reaching around 16 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.36 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen4200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.17 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 3000-4000W generators, the A-iPower SUA4500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Decent weight (111 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3500 W|
|Starting watts||4500 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||29.2/14.6 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||37.5/18.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||11 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||24.5 x 22.8 x 22.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, RV adapter, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA4500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2797 W||3897 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||2790 W||3380 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.