-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 0
Gas + USB ports
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA4300iD
In summary, the A-iPower SUA4300iD is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- People occasionally participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile A-iPower SUA4300iD provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 3,450W along with a peak wattage of 4,300W. While propane-powered, it provides 3,100 rated watts and 3,900 starting watts. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit not included), its power may be increased if linked to a second compatible unit.
A-iPower’s Fuel Sense technology automatically selects the fuel source (LPG or gasoline) depending on availability and prioritizes LPG. Thus, if a propane tank with enough LPG is connected, the generator will automatically use LPG. If the propane cylinder valve is closed, or if there is not enough LPG remaining in the tank, the generator will use gasoline.
With a noise rating of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than background music), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA4300iD, with a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, reaches a run time of up to 7.5 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 11 hours (on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.43 GPH) with propane.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA4300iD generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The A-iPower SUA4300iD's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L22.2 x W14.4 x H20.3 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The 54.8 lbs of the SUA4300iD's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
A digital data center, one of the features of the SUA4300iD's control panel, gives you information on the frequency, lifetime run hours, fuel level, voltage and power output, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is overloaded.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Accessory-wise, along with the previously mentioned features, the A-iPower SUA4300iD is packaged with the standard documentation and an owner's manual, helping you start the device right away.
The A-iPower SUA4300iD is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA4300iD versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA4300iD compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA4300iD only weighs in at 54.8 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter inverter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, weighing just 46 pounds.
- As this inverter generator can emit noise as low as 63 dBA, it finds itself in the average expected noise for this kind of power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU3000iS with only 50 dBA.
- The SUA4300iD's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 7.5 hours at 25% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 200954, boasting with up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Parallel capable
- Dual Fuel
- Fuel Sense technology
- Lightweight (54.8 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (63 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,450 W||3,100 W|
|Starting watts||4,300 W||3,900 W|
|Running amps||28.8 amps||25.8 amps|
|Peak amps||35.8 amps||32.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h||11 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22.2 x 14.4 x 20.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA4300iD is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2742 W||3742 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2745 W||3335 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.