-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 0
Gas + USB ports
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA4300i
In summary, the A-iPower SUA4300i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners who want to be able to use the most necessary devices in their household, even during a blackout
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA4300i's core is the 149 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3,450W and a peak wattage of 4,300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 63 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an office). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the SUA4300i may run for up to 7.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA4300i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Even if this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
As the A-iPower SUA4300i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22 x W14.4 x H20.3 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
With a dry weight of 52.9 lbs, the SUA4300i can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle.
To help you monitor the SUA4300i's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the voltage, fuel level, power output, lifetime run hours and frequency. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is on overload and the oil level is too low.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the A-iPower SUA4300i's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start it right off the bat.
The A-iPower SUA4300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA4300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA4300i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the A-iPower SUA4300i stands at only 52.9 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 2500-3500 rated wattage category If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, with a dry weight of just 46 pounds.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its type and power category, as it is rated at 63 dBA. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU3000iS. With just 50 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA4300i, with an autonomy of up to 7.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 200954, reaching up to 22 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Compared to its peers, this inverter generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 0.21 GPH at a 25% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Energizer eZV3500P. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.13 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- USB-C port
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (52.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (63 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,450 W|
|Starting watts||4,300 W|
|Running amps||28.8 amps|
|Peak amps||35.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14.4 x 20.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||63 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA4300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Dish washer||1500||3000|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2742 W||4242 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||2745 W||3335 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.