Gas + USB ports
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA4300i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA4300i is a compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
- Occasional participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA4300i's core is the 149 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 3,450W and a peak wattage of 4,300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (PK6000 parallel kit not included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
With a noise rating of 62 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a normal conversation), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallon, the SUA4300i can operate for up to 7.5 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.21 GPH).
As the SUA4300i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
It also sports 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy and two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22 x W14.4 x H20.3 in), the A-iPower SUA4300i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The SUA4300i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 52.9 lbs. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of 2 wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
One of the many SUA4300i's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the frequency, fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours and power output and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, the light indicators show you if the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA4300i also is packed along with the following accessories: battery charging cables, funnel, tool kit, oil and RV adapter.
The A-iPower SUA4300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA4300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA4300i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA4300i only weighs in at 52.9 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter inverter generators in the 2500-3500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO, weighing just 46 pounds.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its type and power category, as it is rated at 62 dBA. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU3000iS, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 50 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA4300i, with an autonomy of up to 7.5 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 200914, with up to 22 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. In fact, this inverter generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 25% load is around 0.21 GPH. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Energizer eZV3500P, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.13 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SUA4300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- RV adapter included
- Parallel capable
- Lightweight (52.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (62 dBA)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Parallel capable||Yes, cable not included|
|Engine||149 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||3,450 W|
|Starting watts||4,300 W|
|Running amps||28.8 amps|
|Peak amps||35.8 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||7.5 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil and overload|
|Fuel tank||1.6 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14.4 x 20.3 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||62 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, and battery charging cables|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA4300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2742 W||3742 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||2740 W||3330 W|
|Total||2740 W||3840 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.