Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2301iD
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2301iD is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the A-iPower SUA2301iD delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 1,800W and a peak wattage of 2,300W. When propane-powered, it has 1,600 rated watts and 2,000 peak watts. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
A-iPower’s Fuel Sense technology automatically selects the fuel source (LPG or gasoline) depending on availability and prioritizes LPG. Thus, if a propane tank with enough LPG is connected, the generator will automatically use LPG. If the propane cylinder valve is closed, or if there is not enough LPG remaining in the tank, the generator will use gasoline.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb).
The SUA2301iD, with a fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon, reaches a run time of up to 9 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH). Unfortunately, and despite our research efforts, we couldn't find any information regarding its runtime when using propane.
The SUA2301iD produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 3 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries and two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The A-iPower SUA2301iD's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L21.5 x W12.8 x H21.1 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Since the SUA2301iD weighs only 46.2 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. Its telecospic handle allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
Monitoring of the SUA2301iD's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours, frequency and power output and is one of the features of its control panel. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is overloaded and its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA2301iD's package also includes these accessories: RV adapter, oil, tool kit, funnel, battery charging cables and propane hose.
The A-iPower SUA2301iD is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA2301iD versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2301iD compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 46.2 lbs, the A-iPower SUA2301iD belongs in the expected weight range for inverters which can produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SUA2301iD, reaching up to 9 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other inverters of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a device you could look out for.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Fuel Sense technology
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (46.2 lbs)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil and overload
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|21.5 x 12.8 x 21.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2301iD is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.