Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2301i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2301i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2301i's core is the 80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1,800W and a peak wattage of 2,300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SUA2301i can operate for up to 9 hours (fuel consumption around 0.1 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 0.9 gallon.
The SUA2301i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
While this A-iPower generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L21.5 x W12.8 x H21.1 in), the A-iPower SUA2301i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Since the SUA2301i weighs only 42.2 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Its telecospic handle allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
One of the many SUA2301i's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the fuel level, power output, frequency, voltage and lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status. To offer you even more control and easy operation during nighttime, the panel is LED-lit.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA2301i also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, oil, tool kit, RV adapter and battery charging cables.
The A-iPower SUA2301i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA2301i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2301i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the A-iPower SUA2301i stands at only 42.2 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 1500-2500 rated wattage category If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM2000i with only 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA2301i, with an autonomy of up to 9 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, with up to 13 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.1 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.08 GPH, the DuroMax XP2300iH is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SUA2301i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Illuminated control panel
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (42.2 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency
|Low oil and overload
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|21.5 x 12.8 x 21.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables
|Country of origin
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2301i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.