Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2300i
In summary, the A-iPower SUA2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2300i houses a 79 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2300W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SUA2300i can operate for around 6.5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA2300i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
While this A-iPower generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
As the A-iPower SUA2300i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22 x W13.9 x H20.8 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The SUA2300i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 50.7 lbs. In addition, with its set of wheels and its telecospic handle, it may be shifted with ease, once placed the floor.
The control panel of the SUA2300i includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the voltage, lifetime run hours, power output and fuel level.
In addition to this info, several light indicators serve to show you when the oil level is too low, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA2300i also is packed along with the following accessories: RV adapter, tool kit, oil and funnel.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 50.7 lbs, the A-iPower SUA2300i belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Champion 200949 with only 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SUA2300i, reaching around 6.5 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching around 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2300i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 13.9 x 20.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1420 W||1420 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Can it run an AC window unit along with a regular size refrigerator? (Asked April 26, 2020)
Both appliances will require additional starting watts. You will need the actual wattage requirements (running and starting watts) for each of them, as it could be tight. Once you have them, you can use our wattage calculator to find suitable units.
I'm looking for a high altitude kit for my SUA2300i. I camp about 7,000 ft. (Asked May 26, 2020)
You should contact A-iPower, as they'll be the best placed to advise you on a suitable altitude kit/rejetting procedure.
Are you planning adding Bluetooth connectivity soon? (Asked September 24, 2020)
This question should be asked to A-iPower. We are an independent website, without any relationships with the manufacturers.
Is there a fuel pump on the gas line to be able to run an extended run gas tank? What is the size of the gas cap? (Asked September 28, 2020)
Fuel is gravity-fed. We unfortunately do not know the dimensions of the gas cap. They seem pretty standard and identical to the ones of the Yamaha EF2000is.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.