Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2300i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2300i houses a 79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2300W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA2300i can operate for around 6.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
The SUA2300i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22 x W13.9 x H20.8 in), the A-iPower SUA2300i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
As the SUA2300i's weight is only 50.7 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible with a wheel kit.
An illuminated data center, one of the features of the SUA2300i’s control panel, gives you information on the power output, voltage, fuel level and lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and a user manual to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SUA2300i also comes with some accessories: oil, tool kit, funnel and RV adapter are included.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With a dry weight of 50.7 pounds, the A-iPower SUA2300i finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56202i with only 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with 6.5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA2300i is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with 20 hours .
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator This inverter generator has an average fuel consumption among comparably powerful devices, as it reaches 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2200, with a fuel consumption of 0.12 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the A-iPower SUA2300i?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 5V USB port
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 13.9 x 20.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.