Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2300i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2300i houses a 79 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SUA2300i can operate for around 6.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SUA2300i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22 x W13.9 x H20.8 in), the A-iPower SUA2300i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The 50.7 lbs of the SUA2300i's dry weight enables you to use it anywhere you will ever need. Moreover, once it’s on the ground, its set of wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to shift it without effort.
Monitoring of the SUA2300i's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the power output, fuel level, voltage and lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA2300i, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, funnel, RV adapter and oil.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 50.7 lbs, the A-iPower SUA2300i belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Champion 200949, standing at just 38.6 lbs.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Offering around 6.5 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the SUA2300i is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.12 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2300i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent run time
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 13.9 x 20.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1420 W||1420 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Can it run an AC window unit along with a regular size refrigerator? (Asked April 26, 2020)
Both appliances will require additional starting watts. You will need the actual wattage requirements (running and starting watts) for each of them, as it could be tight. Once you have them, you can use our wattage calculator to find suitable units.
I'm looking for a high altitude kit for my SUA2300i. I camp about 7,000 ft. (Asked May 26, 2020)
You should contact A-iPower, as they'll be the best placed to advise you on a suitable altitude kit/rejetting procedure.
Are you planning adding Bluetooth connectivity soon? (Asked September 24, 2020)
This question should be asked to A-iPower. We are an independent website, without any relationships with the manufacturers.
Is there a fuel pump on the gas line to be able to run an extended run gas tank? What is the size of the gas cap? (Asked September 28, 2020)
Fuel is gravity-fed. We unfortunately do not know the dimensions of the gas cap. They seem pretty standard and identical to the ones of the Yamaha EF2000is.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.