Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2300i
In summary, the A-iPower SUA2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2300i is powered by a 79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 1800W as well as a peak wattage of 2300W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SUA2300i can operate for around 6.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA2300i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
It also sports 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
As the A-iPower SUA2300i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22 x W13.9 x H20.8 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
The SUA2300i's dry weight of 50.7 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Moreover, its set of wheels and its telecospic handle will allow you to effortlessly shift it once it's on the ground.
A digital data center, one of the features of the SUA2300i’s control panel, gives you information on the fuel level, voltage, lifetime run hours and power output, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA2300i, the following accessories are also included: RV adapter, oil, tool kit and funnel.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a weight of 50.7 pounds, the A-iPower SUA2300i places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- The SUA2300i’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 6.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, with around 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 13.9 x 20.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Pair of small speakers||45||45|
|Total||1435 W||2025 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Can it run an AC window unit along with a regular size refrigerator? (Asked April 26, 2020)
Both appliances will require additional starting watts. You will need the actual wattage requirements (running and starting watts) for each of them, as it could be tight. Once you have them, you can use our wattage calculator to find suitable units.
I'm looking for a high altitude kit for my SUA2300i. I camp about 7,000 ft. (Asked May 26, 2020)
You should contact A-iPower, as they'll be the best placed to advise you on a suitable altitude kit/rejetting procedure.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.