Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2300i
In summary, the A-iPower SUA2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2300i houses a 79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1800W along with a peak wattage of 2300W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator offers the possibility to start the device via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA2300i can operate for around 6.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SUA2300i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Since the A-iPower SUA2300i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L22 x W13.9 x H20.8 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
As the SUA2300i's weight is only 50.7 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Moreover, a wheel kit allows you to effortlessly displace it once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the SUA2300i's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the voltage, fuel level, lifetime run hours and power output.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicators will display if its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA2300i's package also includes these accessories: RV adapter, funnel, oil and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 50.7 lbs, the A-iPower SUA2300i belongs in the expected weight range for generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 6.5 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA2300i is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. As this inverter generator uses an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse iGen2200, with a fuel consumption of 0.12 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (50.7 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 5V USB port
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 13.9 x 20.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.