Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000iD
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2000iD is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
Thanks to its dual-fuel technology, the A-iPower SUA2000iD delivers 120V and offers power and versatility. When gasoline-powered, it benefits from a running wattage of 1,600W and a peak wattage of 2,000W. When propane-powered, it has 1,500 rated watts and 1,800 peak watts. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA2000iD, with a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, reaches a run time of up to 10 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.11 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 30 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.16 GPH) with propane.
The SUA2000iD generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Even if this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included), thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
Since the A-iPower SUA2000iD is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20.9 x W12.4 x H21.1 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the SUA2000iD weighs just 48 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
When the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA2000iD's package also includes these accessories: oil, propane hose, tool kit, RV adapter and funnel.
The A-iPower SUA2000iD is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000iD versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000iD compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Having a dry weight of 48 lbs, the A-iPower SUA2000iD belongs in the expected weight range for inverter generators which produce 1500 to 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- As the SUA2000iD offers up to 10 hours run time on a full tank at a 25% load, it falls within the average autonomy range among the inverter generators of a similar power. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, boasting with up to 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.11 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the DuroMax XP2300iH, with a fuel consumption of 0.08 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1500-2500W dual fuel inverter generators, the A-iPower SUA2000iD is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Dual Fuel
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (48 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
|80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|30 h *
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|20.9 x 12.4 x 21.1 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, RV adapter, and parallel cables
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000iD is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
Does it have an oxygen monoxide detector with auto shut-off? (Asked October 26, 2021)
The unit does not feature a carbon monoxide shut-off. You may have a look at this list of generators with a CO sensor.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.