Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000iD
In summary, the A-iPower SUA2000iD is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
With its dual-fuel technology, the powerful and versatile A-iPower SUA2000iD provides an output of 120V. While gasoline-powered, it gives a running wattage of 1600W along with a peak wattage of 2000W. While propane-powered, it provides 1500 rated watts and 1800 starting watts. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than rainfall), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The SUA2000iD, with a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, reaches a run time of up to 10 hours utilizing gasoline (fuel consumption around 0.11 GPH). Alternatively, it can reach a run time of up to 30 hours (estimation based on a 20 lbs tank - propane consumption around 0.16 GPH) with propane.
The SUA2000iD generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L20.9 x W12.4 x H21.1 in), the A-iPower SUA2000iD, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
The SUA2000iD is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 48 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
When the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is overloaded, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA2000iD's package also includes these accessories: RV adapter, propane hose, funnel, tool kit and oil.
The A-iPower SUA2000iD is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000iD versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000iD compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With a dry weight of 48 pounds, the A-iPower SUA2000iD finds itself in the expected weight range for inverter generators able to produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- Offering up to 10 hours of running time on a full tank at 25% load, the SUA2000iD is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, reaching up to 13 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.11 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.08 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W dual fuel inverter generators, the A-iPower SUA2000iD is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Dual Fuel
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (48 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1600 W||1500 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W||1800 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps||12.5 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps||15 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h||30 h *|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port (USB-A)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20.9 x 12.4 x 21.1 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, propane hose, RV adapter, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
* Propane runtime is our own estimation, based on a 20 lbs tank and NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs of propane = 1 gal of gasoline.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000iD is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Does it have an oxygen monoxide detector with auto shut-off? (Asked October 26, 2021)
The unit does not feature a carbon monoxide shut-off. You may have a look at this list of generators with a CO sensor.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.