Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000i
In summary, the A-iPower SUA2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2000i houses a 80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1,600W along with a peak wattage of 2,000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SUA2000i can operate for up to 10 hours (fuel consumption around 0.11 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
As the SUA2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
This A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
The A-iPower SUA2000i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L19.3 x W11.4 x H19 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
Weighing just 48.5 lbs, the SUA2000i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by its handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
When the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SUA2000i also comes with some accessories: RV adapter, funnel and battery charging cables are included.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 48.5 lbs, the A-iPower SUA2000i belongs in the expected weight range for inverters which can produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of only 34.2 lbs.
- As this inverter generator has its lowest possible noise of 58 dBA, it should be considered noisier compared to its peers of a comparable running wattage. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The SUA2000i, offering a run time of up to 10 hours with a full tank at a 25% load, falls within the average autonomy range when compared to its peers. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.11 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the DuroMax XP2300iH, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.08 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SUA2000i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Decent weight (48.5 lbs)
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||80 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1,600 W|
|Starting watts||2,000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||19.3 x 11.4 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Is the engine made by Yamaha? (Asked September 20, 2019)
No. It's the alternate version, the SC2000i that has a Yamaha engine.
How is this unit in higher altitudes such as 6000 ft? (Asked August 28, 2020)
We had reports of people running it at 7000 ft without any issues. However, we'd recommend contacting the manufacturer to obtain an altitude kit. Make sure to also read our article on operating a generator in high altitudes.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.