Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2000i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 79 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 58 dBA (less noisy than a quiet suburb). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SUA2000i can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
As the SUA2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
While this A-iPower generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
As the A-iPower SUA2000i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L21 x W12.5 x H19 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
Since the SUA2000i weighs only 46 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the generator is ready, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is on overload.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA2000i also comes with several accessories, including: funnel, dual port USB adapter and RV adapter.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the A-iPower SUA2000i weighs just 46 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Champion 200949, with a dry weight of just 38.6 pounds.
- This inverter generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 58 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Honda EU2200i, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 48 dBA.
- Offering around 7 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the SUA2000i is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful generators. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, as it provides around 20 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.12 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2000i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 12.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, dual port USB adapter, RV adapter, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Is the engine made by Yamaha? (Asked September 20, 2019)
No. It's the alternate version, the SC2000i that has a Yamaha engine.
How is this unit in higher altitudes such as 6000 ft? (Asked August 28, 2020)
We had reports of people running it at 7000 ft without any issues. However, we'd recommend contacting the manufacturer to obtain an altitude kit. Make sure to also read our article on operating a generator in high altitudes.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.