Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000i
In summary, the A-iPower SUA2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2000i's engine, 79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1600W and reaches a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than rainfall), the inverter generator is started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SUA2000i may run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
As the SUA2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Even though this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Since the A-iPower SUA2000i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L21 x W12.5 x H19 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The featured design follows the latest trends and is ideal for easy and recreational use.
Labeled a lightweight portable generator, the SUA2000i weighs just 46 lbs. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is overloaded.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA2000i, the following accessories are also included: RV adapter, funnel and dual port USB adapter.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the A-iPower SUA2000i weighs just 46 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 58 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- The SUA2000i’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 7 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching around 20 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.12 GPH, the Westinghouse iGen2200 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2000i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 12.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, dual port USB adapter and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Is the engine made by Yamaha? (Asked September 20, 2019)
No. It's the alternate version, the SC2000i that has a Yamaha engine.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.