Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SUA2000i can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SUA2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
While this A-iPower generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L21 x W12.5 x H19 in), the A-iPower SUA2000i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
With the weight of only 46 lbs, the SUA2000i may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. A single person should not have any problems moving it around and thus, enjoy power availability on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to a handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
The light indicators show you if the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low.
The fuel level of the inverter generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA2000i also comes with several accessories, including: dual port USB adapter, RV adapter and funnel.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the A-iPower SUA2000i weighs just 46 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1500 to 2500 rated wattage generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the WEN 56202i with only 38.6 pounds.
- Since the inverter generator's noise is rated at 58 dBA, it has the roughly average expected noise for a device of similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 7 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA2000i falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse WGen2000, reaching around 20 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Westinghouse iGen2200. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.12 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2000i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 12.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, dual port USB adapter and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
QIs the engine made by Yamaha? (Asked September 20, 2019)
ANo. It's the alternate version, the SC2000i that has a Yamaha engine.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.