Zoom on the A-iPower SUA2000i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA2000i's build contains a gasoline-fueled 79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1600W and also a peak wattage of 2000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SUA2000i may run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
The SUA2000i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L21 x W12.5 x H19 in. Thus, it is more esthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
With the weight of only 46 lbs, the SUA2000i may be viewed as a lightweight and portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
Several light indicators serve to show you when the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and its oil levels are insufficient.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA2000i, the following accessories are also included: RV adapter, dual port USB adapter and funnel.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA2000i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA2000i only weighs in at 46 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the WEN 56202i, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- The inverter generator can be considered average in its noise for its power category, as it is rated at 58 dBA. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA2000i, with an autonomy of 7 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with 20 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator, with an estimated fuel consumption of just 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, is one of the more fuel efficient generators, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.12 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SUA2000i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (46 lbs)
- Fuel efficient
- Acceptable noise (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the A-iPower SUA2000i?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1600 W|
|Starting watts||2000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peaks amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||No|
|AC outlets||1x 120V 20A (5-20R) |
1x 120V 30A (L5-30R)
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 12.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, dual port USB adapter and RV adapter|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
QIs the engine made by Yamaha? (Asked September 20, 2019)
ANo. It's the alternate version, the SC2000i that has a Yamaha engine.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.