-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 0
Zoom on the A-iPower SUA1500i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA1500i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA1500i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 60 cc OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1,200W and also a peak wattage of 1,500W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SUA1500i can operate for up to 8 hours (fuel consumption around 0.09 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon.
The SUA1500i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The A-iPower SUA1500i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18.3 x W11.2 x H17.5 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The SUA1500i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 28.5 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. Further convenience is provided by its handle (molded in the case), as it allows you to carry it effortlessly.
The device’s light indicators will display if the oil level is too low, the generator is on overload and the generator is ready.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Regarding its accessories, besides the aforementioned features, the A-iPower SUA1500i's box includes the typical documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start it right off the bat.
The A-iPower SUA1500i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SUA1500i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA1500i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA1500i only weighs in at 28.5 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter inverter generators in the 1000-2000 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM1200i, standing at just 25.3 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 52 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- The SUA1500i's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its type and power range, as it reaches only up to 8 hours at 25% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, which is able to run for up to 13 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.09 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Genmax GM1200i. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.07 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (28.5 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||60 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1,200 W|
|Starting watts||1,500 W|
|Running amps||10 amps|
|Peak amps||12.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.3 x 11.2 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Parallel cables|
|Country of origin||China|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA1500i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||482 W||1482 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||950 W||1370 W|
|For work||Reciprocating saw||730||960|
|Total||810 W||1040 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.