Zoom on the A-iPower SUA15000EC
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA15000EC houses a 680 cc (24 hp) Senci V-Twin engine, which provides 120/240V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 12,000W along with a peak wattage of 15,000W.
With a noise rating of 85 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock), the generator features a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
The SUA15000EC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.14 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 8 gallons.
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA15000EC generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
While this A-iPower generator is not RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle can be used for a simple RV connection with an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. Besides, due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the SUA15000EC is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L38.7 x W26.8 x H34.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 392 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, its challenging mobility is solved by its wheel kit (⌀4"), which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
The SUA15000EC's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA15000EC also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, battery charging cables and oil.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA15000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- As its dry weight is 392 pounds, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 10000 to 14000 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of just 218 pounds.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 85 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the DuroMax XP16000iH, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 67 dBA.
- The SUA15000EC's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 7 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Powerhorse 13000ES, which is able to run for around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 1.14 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.78 GPH, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- 4 different AC outlet types
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (392 lbs)
- On the noisy side (85 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|680 cc Senci V-Twin
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Steel, 8 gal
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|38.7 x 26.8 x 34.9 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and wheel kit
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Electric fence (25 miles)
I purchased a SUA15000 for a home standby and it needs to have a floating nutral can this generator be changed from bonded nutral to floating nutral? (Asked March 01, 2021)
It should be possible. You may refer to our article on neutral conversion or contact A-iPower's support for more information.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.