Zoom on the A-iPower SUA15000EC
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA15000EC's core is the 680 cc (24 hp) Senci V-Twin engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120/240V, it provides a running wattage of 12000W and a peak wattage of 15000W.
At a noise rating of 85 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock), the generator is started via a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the SUA15000EC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.14 GPH).
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
Even if this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor, thanks to its L5-30R receptacle. Besides, as the SUA15000EC holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
With its dimensions of L38.7 x W26.8 x H34.9 in, the conventional, open frame design of the A-iPower SUA15000EC offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 392 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀4"), once it is placed on the ground.
In addition, the device is equipped with a lift hook on the top of its frame, which provides extra safety during the loading, unloading and transport of the generator.
The SUA15000EC and its control panel include a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when its oil levels are insufficient.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SUA15000EC also comes with some accessories: battery charging cables, oil and tool kit are included.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA15000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- At a dry weight of 392 pounds, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is one of the heavier devices which can produce between 10000 and 14000 running watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of just 218 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 85 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 69 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SUA15000EC, reaching around 7 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Powerhorse 13000ES, as it provides around 15 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 1.14 GPH at a 50% load. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the A-iPower SUA13000EFI. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.78 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (392 lbs)
- On the noisy side (85 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||680 cc Senci V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||38.7 x 26.8 x 34.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||85 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9587 W||11062 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
I purchased a SUA15000 for a home standby and it needs to have a floating nutral can this generator be changed from bonded nutral to floating nutral? (Asked March 01, 2021)
It should be possible. You may refer to our article on neutral conversion or contact A-iPower's support for more information.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.