Zoom on the A-iPower SUA15000EC
In summary, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA15000EC's engine, 680 cc (24 hp) Senci V-Twin, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 12000W and reaches a peak wattage of 15000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 85 dBA (just slightly more noisy than an alarm clock). Its starting mechanism is based on a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 8 gallons, the SUA15000EC may run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1.14 GPH).
The control panel includes the following 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor. However, it is still not quite RV ready. Besides, as the SUA15000EC holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L38.7 x W26.8 x H34.9 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 392 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀4") (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
The generator comes with an additional safety feature, a lift hook on the top of its frame, which is helpful during its transport, loading and unloading.
The SUA15000EC's status and activity may be monitored conveniently via the control panel, as it features a convenient meter showing you voltage, frequency and lifetime hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator shows you if the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA15000EC also comes with several accessories, including: oil, battery charging cables and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA15000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 10000 and 14000 W).
- As its dry weight is 392 pounds, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 10000 to 14000 running watts. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, with a dry weight of only 218 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 85 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the A-iPower SUA13000EFI with only 69 dBA.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing around 7 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA15000EC falls into the low end in comparison with other devices of a comparable power output. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, with around 15 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1.14 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.78 GPH, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 10000-14000W generators, the A-iPower SUA15000EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- No recoil back-up
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (392 lbs)
- On the noisy side (85 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||680 cc Senci V-Twin|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||12000 W|
|Starting watts||15000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||125/62.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 8 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||38.7 x 26.8 x 34.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||85 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA15000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||9587 W||11062 W|
|For work||Electric welder||9000||9000|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||9580 W||9580 W|
I purchased a SUA15000 for a home standby and it needs to have a floating nutral can this generator be changed from bonded nutral to floating nutral? (Asked March 01, 2021)
It should be possible. You may refer to our article on neutral conversion or contact A-iPower's support for more information.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.