Zoom on the A-iPower SUA13000EFI
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is powered by a 459 cc Senci SC460 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 10,000W as well as a peak wattage of 13,000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), this generator can be started thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, but also to a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system enhances the engine's reliability, lowers fuel consumption, improves startup, reduces servicing, boosts stale fuel resistance, and offers better altitude adaptability.
With a full tank, the SUA13000EFI can operate for around 8.5 hours at 50% load (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
The SUA13000EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
If you own an RV with a 50-amp service, you can consider this A-iPower unit as RV-ready, as it features a 14-50R outlet. In addition, as it features a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the SUA13000EFI is transfer switch ready: in case of a power outage, you will be easily able to connect it to a breaker box and power your household.
With its dimensions of L28 x W21 x H22.8 in, the conventional, open frame design of the A-iPower SUA13000EFI offers stability and allows the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 218 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
A digital data center, one of the features of the SUA13000EFI's control panel, gives you information on the lifetime run hours, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if its oil levels are insufficient.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI's package also includes these accessories: oil, battery charging cables and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA13000EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 9500 and 10500 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI weighs just 218 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 9500 to 10500 rated wattage generators. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Westinghouse WGen9500TFc with only 203.4 pounds.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 69 dBA, this generator qualifies as one of the most quiet of the products of similar power.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA13000EFI, with an autonomy of around 8.5 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Powerhorse 13000ES, with around 15 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. At an estimated fuel consumption of 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this generator is a rather fuel efficient one within its wattage category. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.67 GPH, the Pulsar G12KBN is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 9500-10500W generators, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Lightweight for its kind (218 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (69 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|459 cc Senci SC460 OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Lifetime run hours
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|28 x 21 x 22.8 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Bonded to frame
|Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and wheel kit
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Sump pump (1/2 hp)
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|Cell phone charger
|Microwave (1000 watts)
|Electric fry pan
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs
|Air compressor (1 hp)
Can I get a propane adapter kit for this unit (Asked January 23, 2021)
There are no official conversion kits. The unit was designed to run on gasoline only. Since altering the fuel system could void your warranty and be an emissions violation, we cannot recommend this modification.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.