Zoom on the A-iPower SUA13000EFI
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
- Homeowners who wish to power almost all appliances in their house under any circumstances
- Food van owners and people participating in sporting competitions, open-air performances and outdoor festivals
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is powered by a 459 cc Senci SC460 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 10000W as well as a peak wattage of 13000W.
With a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than an office), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The SUA13000EFI can operate for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons.
The SUA13000EFI produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.As the SUA13000EFI holds a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: you'll easily be able to connect it to your breaker box to power your home during a power outage.
The dimensions of the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, which are L28 x W21 x H22.8 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 218 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
One of the many SUA13000EFI's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off.
With the basic documentation and a user manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI also comes with several accessories, including: battery charging cables, tool kit and oil.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA13000EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 9500 and 10500 W).
- Weight-wise, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI has only 218 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter generators which produce 9500 to 10500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Rainier R12000DF with only 196 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 69 dBA, this generator is one of the quieter devices of similar power.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA13000EFI, with an autonomy of 8.5 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen9500, boasting with 12 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. As this generator uses an estimated 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, it finds itself in the average gasoline consumption range of similar products. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Rainier R12000DF, with a fuel consumption of 0.55 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 9500-10500W generators, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Lightweight for its kind (218 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (69 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Where to buy the A-iPower SUA13000EFI?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc Senci SC460 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||10000 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 21 x 22.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||69 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.