Zoom on the A-iPower SUA13000EFI
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards:
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
- Prudent homeowners who want a backup power source in case of a power outage
- Food truck owners and participants of outdoor events, competitions, concerts and festivals
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is powered by a 459 cc Senci SC460 OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 10000W as well as a peak wattage of 13000W.
At a noise rating of 69 dBA (less noisy than an office), this generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons, the SUA13000EFI may run for around 8.5 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SUA13000EFI produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel includes the following 6 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.Because the SUA13000EFI is equipped with a twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, it is transfer switch ready: it can power your home during a power outage, as it can be easily connected to your breaker box to power your household.
The design of the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L28 x W21 x H22.8 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The design is ideal for rough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 218 pounds. However, its challenging mobility is solved by a wheel kit and a folding handle, which will ease its displacement, once it is on the floor.
Monitoring of the SUA13000EFI's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down. It’s a welcomed additional security feature, but don’t forget to always take your generator outside.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA13000EFI, the following accessories are also included: battery charging cables, tool kit and oil.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA13000EFI compare to generators of similar power (between 9500 and 10500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI only weighs in at 218 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 9500-10500 rated wattage range. Regarding dry weight, one of the champions in the same power range is the Rainier R12000DF, with a dry weight of only 196 lbs.
- Since this generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 69 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power.
- The SUA13000EFI’s autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 8.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WGen9500, as it provides around 12 hours.
- Even though run times are undoubtedly important, they are dependent on the fuel capacity to a large extent. For a more wholesome picture, we must take into consideration the fuel consumption of the generator. This generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Rainier R12000DF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 9500-10500W generators, the A-iPower SUA13000EFI is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Lightweight for its kind (218 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (69 dBA)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc Senci SC460 OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||10000 W|
|Starting watts||13000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||108.3/54.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||8.5 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||6.6 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||28 x 21 x 22.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||69 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA13000EFI is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.