Zoom on the A-iPower SUA12000E
In summary, the A-iPower SUA12000E is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA12000E is powered by a 459 cc (16 hp) A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 9000W as well as a peak wattage of 12000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner). Its starting mechanisms include a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, the SUA12000E may run for around 9 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.78 GPH).
The control panel features the following 6 AC outlets:
It also sports 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries.Due to the featured twist-lock L14-30R receptacle, the SUA12000E is transfer switch ready: you may connect it to a breaker box to power your household during a power outage.
The A-iPower SUA12000E has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27.6 x W27.2 x H25.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 216 pounds. Still, once it is on the ground, a wheel kit (⌀9.5") and a folding handle can easily solve the issue of low mobility and allow for easy relocation of the device.
To help you monitor the SUA12000E's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Along the basic documentation and a user manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SUA12000E's package also includes these accessories: oil, battery charging cables and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA12000E is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA12000E versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA12000E compare to generators of similar power (between 8500 and 9500 W).
- Regarding its weight, the A-iPower SUA12000E only weighs in at 216 pounds, which means it's one of the lighter generators in the 8500-9500 rated wattage range. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Rainier R12000DF, standing at just 196 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the A-iPower SUA12000ED. With just 69 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SUA12000E, reaching around 9 hours at a 50% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. Concerning the run times, one of the several devices with a comparable output, offering the highest autonomy, is the Westinghouse WPro8500, which is able to run for around 12 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Standing at an estimated 0.78 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, this generator is somewhat average in this area compared to other devices, within the aforementioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Rainier R12000DF, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 8500-9500W generators, the A-iPower SUA12000E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Lightweight for its kind (216 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No remote start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||9000 W|
|Starting watts||12000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||75/37.5 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||100/50 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 30A (L14-30R)
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27.6 x 27.2 x 25.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and battery charging cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA12000E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.