Zoom on the A-iPower SUA10000EC
In summary, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Homeowners who want to be sure of their ability to power their fridges, cooking tools, heating and lighting equipment during power failures
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA10000EC's engine, 459 cc (16 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 8200W and reaches a peak wattage of 10000W.
At a noise rating of 77 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), this generator can be started via a simple traditional pull-start mechanism, or a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, the SUA10000EC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1 GPH).
The SUA10000EC is unsuitable for the powering of sensitive electronic devices due to its relatively high THD (<20%).
The control panel features the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27.6 x W27 x H25.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The generator is designed for ideal use outdoors and in rough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 216 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀9") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
To help you monitor the SUA10000EC's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, a light indicator allows you to instantly see if its oil levels are insufficient.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA10000EC also is packed along with the following accessories: tool kit, battery charging cables and oil.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA10000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- With a dry weight of 216 pounds, the A-iPower SUA10000EC finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 7500 and 8500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Dewalt DXGNR8000 with only 183 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 77 dBA can be judged as noisy. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Genmax GM9000iE, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 62 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 7 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA10000EC is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Champion 100416, reaching around 12.5 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Pulsar PG10000B16, with a fuel consumption of 0.55 GPH could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Decent weight (216 lbs)
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (77 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8200 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||68.3/34.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.6 x 27 x 25.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||77 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery charging cables, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||6557 W||8057 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||6540 W||7130 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||5480 W||9980 W|
Can I use a 12V 12Ah battery on a sua10000EC generator? (Asked March 06, 2020)
This unit comes with a 12V 15Ah battery. Using an "under-spec" battery could work, but could also shorten the battery life-span. I'd recommend to contact A-iPower to be sure.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.