Zoom on the A-iPower SUA10000EC
In summary, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is a powerful portable generator especially useful for professionals who want to be able to deliver results, even during a power failure.
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is powered by a 459 cc (16 hp) A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 8200W as well as a peak wattage of 10000W.
The generator is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a shower). Its starting mechanisms include a conventional pull-start mechanism and a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
The fuel capacity of 7 gallons allows the SUA10000EC to operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SUA10000EC produces a clean sine wave, with a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel features the following 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC has the following dimensions: L27.6 x W26.4 x H25.6 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. The device has been designed for tough environments and demanding outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 216 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). Nevertheless, thanks to its wheel kit (⌀9") and its folding handle (a decent solution to its lack of maneuverability), the generator can be easily moved, once placed the ground.
To help you monitor the SUA10000EC's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, when its oil levels are insufficient, you will be informed by the featured light indicator.
The fuel level of the generator can be determined quickly, easily, and conveniently with the help of its built-in fuel gauge.
As far as security is concerned, the generator can be used with a peace of mind, as it features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker).
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SUA10000EC also comes with several accessories, including: tool kit and oil.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA10000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- With a dry weight of 216 pounds, the A-iPower SUA10000EC finds itself in the expected weight range for generators able to produce between 7500 and 8500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, standing at just 185 lbs.
- This generator, with its lowest possible noise rated at 78 dBA falls into the more noisy category, compared to other devise of a similar running wattage. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Powermate DF7500E, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 68 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with around 7 hours on a full tank at a 50% load, the SUA10000EC is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the Firman H08053, as it provides around 12 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. In fact, this generator is not among the most fuel efficient, within the aforementioned wattage range : its estimated gasoline consumption at 50% load is around 1 GPH. If not satisfied with the afore-mentioned fuel consumption, you may wish to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16. With a fuel consumption of as little as 0.55 GPH, it is one of the most efficient generators currently on the market.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Decent weight (216 lbs)
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8200 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||68.3/34.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.6 x 26.4 x 25.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit and battery|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||6557 W||8032 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6550 W||6970 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||5480 W||9980 W|
Can I use a 12V 12Ah battery on a sua10000EC generator? (Asked March 06, 2020)
This unit comes with a 12V 15Ah battery. Using an "under-spec" battery could work, but could also shorten the battery life-span. I'd recommend to contact A-iPower to be sure.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.