Zoom on the A-iPower SUA10000EC
In summary, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Food truck owners and people participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA10000EC's build contains a gasoline-fueled 459 cc (16 hp) A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120/240V output, it gives a running wattage of 8200W and also a peak wattage of 10000W.
With a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a dishwasher), the generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, the SUA10000EC may run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA10000EC generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The design of the A-iPower SUA10000EC is a typical, open frame, with the dimensions of L27.6 x W26.4 x H25.6 in, offering support and stability and enabling the possibility of raising it above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Even though this device may be technically portable (as in movable), manipulation and transportation without special equipment can be a challenge, as it weighs 216 pounds. Never less, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of a wheel kit (⌀9") and a folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
Monitoring of the SUA10000EC's status and activity is made possible by an illuminated data center, which provides information on the lifetime run hours and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The generator allows for a quick, easy and convenient assessment of its gas level, as it is equipped with a built-in fuel gauge.
As for its security measures, the device features an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), letting you use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and a user manual, helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA10000EC, the following accessories are also included: oil and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA10000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- As its dry weight is 216 pounds, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is one of the heavier of the products which can generate 7500 to 8500 running watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Lifan LF8750iEPL, standing at just 185 lbs.
- If compared to generators capable of producing a similar running wattage, this generator with a lowest emitted noise of 78 dBA can be considered somewhat noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Powermate DF7500E, whose lowest noise levels reach just 68 dBA.
- The autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only 7 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Firman H08053, boasting with 12 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is rather wasteful, compared to other devices within the aforementioned output range, when it comes to gasoline consumption, as it reaches roughly 1 GPH at a 50% load. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.55 GPH, the Westinghouse WPro8500 is a device you should look out for.
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other 7500-8500W generators, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- No remote start
- On the heavy side (216 lbs)
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Where to buy the A-iPower SUA10000EC?
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8200 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||68.3/34.2 amps|
|Peaks amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||N/A|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI |
1x 120/240V 50A (14-50R)
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||27.6 x 26.4 x 25.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil and tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-909-923-2068.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.