Zoom on the A-iPower SUA10000EC
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is a powerful portable generator mostly geared towards professionals who want to ensure that a power failure will not prevent them from working.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA10000EC's engine, 459 cc (16 hp) A-iPower OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120/240V. It provides a running wattage of 8200W and reaches a peak wattage of 10000W.
Enjoying a noise rating of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner), this generator can be started thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism, but also to a simple and elegant electric starter (battery included).
With a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, the SUA10000EC may run for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1 GPH).
The SUA10000EC produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The dimensions of the A-iPower SUA10000EC, which are L27.6 x W26.4 x H25.6 in, and its typical, open frame design provides stability and enables the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
Since the generator weighs 216 lbs, it will be incredibly difficult to manually lift it and transport it, even though it is technically considered to 'be portable' (in the sense that it is movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is compensated by its wheel kit (⌀9") and its folding handle, with which you can conveniently shift it, once it's on the ground.
To help you monitor the SUA10000EC's status and activity, its control panel is equipped with a digital data center, giving you information on the lifetime run hours.
In addition to this info, the device’s light indicator will display if the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower SUA10000EC, the following accessories are also included: tool kit and oil.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA10000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 216 lbs, the A-iPower SUA10000EC belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 7500 and 8500 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Dewalt DXGNR8000 with only 183 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 78 dBA is on the noisier side. If you are concerned with noise, check out the Predator 9500, which is one of the least noisy generators in its power range, with a noise rating of just 67 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the SUA10000EC, with an autonomy of around 7 hours at a 50% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Champion 100416, boasting with around 12.5 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. This generator is not fuel efficient compared to devices of similar output: its estimated fuel consumption stands at 1 GPH at a 50% load. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Pulsar PG10000B16, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.55 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Decent weight (216 lbs)
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8200 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||68.3/34.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.6 x 26.4 x 25.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||6542 W||8042 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Electric fry pan||1500||1500|
|Total||6540 W||7130 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||5480 W||9980 W|
Can I use a 12V 12Ah battery on a sua10000EC generator? (Asked March 06, 2020)
This unit comes with a 12V 15Ah battery. Using an "under-spec" battery could work, but could also shorten the battery life-span. I'd recommend to contact A-iPower to be sure.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.