Zoom on the A-iPower SUA10000EC
In summary, the A-iPower SUA10000EC is a powerful portable generator especially useful for:
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
- Professionals in need of safely powering high-intensity work or lighting equipment
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is powered by a 459 cc (16 hp) A-iPower OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120/240V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 8200W as well as a peak wattage of 10000W.
The generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism and also a convenient and easy-to-use electric starter (battery included). It is rated for a noise of 78 dBA (less noisy than a vacuum cleaner).
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 7 gallons, the SUA10000EC can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 1 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SUA10000EC generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <5% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 5 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 1 DC outlet: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC has a conventional, open frame design, of the following dimensions: L27.6 x W26.4 x H25.6 in, which offers support and allows it to be raised above ground level. The featured design is ideal for the outdoors and all tough environments.
Although this generator is technically considered 'portable' (in the sense that it can be moved), its 216 lbs make it incredibly difficult to manually lift and transport. Nevertheless, it can still be moved quite conveniently with the help of its wheel kit (⌀9") and its folding handle, once it is placed on the ground.
One of the many SUA10000EC's features is the data center, included in its control panel, which conveniently provides information on the lifetime run hours and thus, helps you monitor its activity and status.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when the oil level is too low.
Thanks to a built-in fuel gauge, the generator allows you to quickly, conveniently and easily check the gas level at a glance.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SUA10000EC also is packed along with the following accessories: oil and tool kit.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SUA10000EC compare to generators of similar power (between 7500 and 8500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 216 lbs, the A-iPower SUA10000EC belongs in the expected weight range for devices which can produce between 7500 and 8500 rated watts. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Dewalt DXGNR8000, weighing just 183 pounds.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this generator and its lowest emitted noise of 78 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Predator 9500 with only 67 dBA.
- The SUA10000EC's autonomy is somewhat low end compared to devices of its power range, as it reaches only around 7 hours at 50% load on a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the Champion 100416, with around 12.5 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. Compared to its peers, this generator is not exactly fuel efficient, compared to similarly powerful devices, with an estimated fuel consumption of 1 GPH at a 50% load. If you wish to acquire one of the most gasoline efficient products of this power range, the Westinghouse WPro8500, with a fuel consumption of 0.55 GPH could be in your good books.
The bottom line
- Several accessories included
- GFCI Outlets
- Electric start
- Clean sine wave
- Decent weight (216 lbs)
- No remote start
- On the noisy side (78 dBA)
- Relatively low run time
- Low fuel efficiency
Features and Specifications
|Engine||459 cc A-iPower OHV 4-stroke|
|Starting system||Recoil, Electric|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||8200 W|
|Starting watts||10000 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||68.3/34.2 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||83.3/41.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)|
|Data center||Lifetime run hours|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||27.6 x 26.4 x 25.6 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||78 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, battery, and wheel kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SUA10000EC is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Sump pump (1/2 hp)||1050||2150|
|Furnace fan (1/2 hp)||875||2350|
|Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||6557 W||8032 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Microwave (1000 watts)||1500||1500|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||6550 W||6970 W|
|For work||Table saw||1800||4500|
|Air compressor (1 hp)||1600||6100|
|Total||5480 W||9980 W|
Can I use a 12V 12Ah battery on a sua10000EC generator? (Asked March 06, 2020)
This unit comes with a 12V 15Ah battery. Using an "under-spec" battery could work, but could also shorten the battery life-span. I'd recommend to contact A-iPower to be sure.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.