Zoom on the A-iPower SC2400iP
In summary, the A-iPower SC2400iP is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SC2400iP's core is the 80 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1,900W and a peak wattage of 2,400W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home).
The fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon allows the SC2400iP to operate for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.11 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the SC2400iP generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
As the A-iPower SC2400iP is an inverter generator, its encased design (L22 x W14 x H20 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The SC2400iP's dry weight of 51.8 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀4") and its telecospic handle.
Monitoring of the SC2400iP's status and activity is made possible by a digital data center, which provides information on the fuel level, lifetime run hours, power output, voltage and frequency and is one of the features of its control panel.
In addition to this info, some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the generator is on overload and its oil levels are insufficient.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SC2400iP's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, RV adapter, oil, battery charging cables and funnel.
The A-iPower SC2400iP is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SC2400iP versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SC2400iP compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With a dry weight of 51.8 pounds, the A-iPower SC2400iP finds itself in the expected weight range for inverter generators able to produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- As its lowest possible noise is rated at 52 dBA, this inverter generator qualifies as one of the more quiet of the products of similar type and power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- The SC2400iP, falls within the average autonomy range compared to inverter generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- While the run time is an important parameter, it is dependent on the fuel tank’s capacity and thus, doesn’t say much on its own unless we consider fuel consumption as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.11 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the DuroMax XP2300iH, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SC2400iP is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (51.8 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||80 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1,900 W|
|Starting watts||2,400 W|
|Running amps||15.8 amps|
|Peak amps||20 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SC2400iP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1387 W||2387 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1500 W||1920 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1510 W||1510 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.