-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 2
Zoom on the A-iPower SC2400iP
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SC2400iP is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers wishing to enhance their freedom and nomad lifestyle
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SC2400iP's design includes a gasoline-fueled 80 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1,900W and also a peak wattage of 2,400W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
The inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism. It is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator).
With a fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon, the SC2400iP may run for up to 10 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.11 GPH).
As the SC2400iP produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the following 3 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 3 DC outlets: there's a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which you may charge your batteries with ease and two 5V USB ports (USB-A) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Even though this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L22 x W14 x H20 in), the A-iPower SC2400iP, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. This modern design aims to provide an ideal power solution to recreational users.
The SC2400iP's dry weight of 51.8 lbs lets you use its power anywhere needed. Furthermore, once placed on the floor, effortless displacement is possible thanks to its set of 2 wheels (⌀4") and its telecospic handle.
A digital data center, one of the features of the SC2400iP's control panel, gives you information on the voltage, frequency, fuel level, lifetime run hours and power output, and thus, is helpful for the monitoring of its activity and status.
In addition to this info, when the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual, letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SC2400iP also comes with several accessories, including: oil, battery charging cables, funnel, tool kit and RV adapter.
The A-iPower SC2400iP is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower SC2400iP versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SC2400iP compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With a dry weight of 51.8 pounds, the A-iPower SC2400iP finds itself in the expected weight range for inverter generators able to produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM2000i, with a dry weight of just 34.2 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- The SC2400iP, falls within the average autonomy range compared to inverter generators of a roughly same power, with a run time of up to 10 hours at a 25% load and a full tank. If you consider autonomy on a single full tank as one of the deciding factors, one of the generators in the same power range that offers the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, with up to 13 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.11 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the DuroMax XP2300iH, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SC2400iP is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (51.8 lbs)
- Decent run time
- Decent fuel efficiency
- On the expensive side
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||80 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1,900 W|
|Starting watts||2,400 W|
|Running amps||15.8 amps|
|Peak amps||20 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||10 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) |
2x 5V USB port (USB-A)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours, voltage and frequency|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||22 x 14 x 20 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SC2400iP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||AC (10,000 BTU)||1500||2200|
|Total||1500 W||2200 W|
|For camping||RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Set of 5 LED light bulbs||55||55|
|Total||1515 W||2105 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||1510 W||1510 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.