Zoom on the A-iPower SC2300i
In summary, the A-iPower SC2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Amateur DIY lovers
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SC2300i's design includes a gasoline-fueled 79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke engine. With a 120V output, it gives a running wattage of 1800W and also a peak wattage of 2300W. Additionally, as the generator is parallel capable (parallel kit included), it can be linked to a second unit for more power.
At a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SC2300i can operate for up to 8 hours (fuel consumption around 0.14 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
The SC2300i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even if this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, it still allows for an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included), thanks to its L5-30R receptacle.
Since the A-iPower SC2300i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L20 x W12.5 x H19.5 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The SC2300i can be taken anywhere with you, thanks to its weight of 60 lbs. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of wheels and its telecospic handle, once it is on the ground.
The control panel of the SC2300i includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the lifetime run hours, power output, fuel level and voltage.
In addition to this info, when the generator is on overload, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
Security-wise, this product benefits from an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), which gives you a complete peace of mind when using it.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual, useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower SC2300i's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, oil and funnel.
The A-iPower SC2300i is CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SC2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SC2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a weight of 60 pounds, the A-iPower SC2300i places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Champion 200949, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar power. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 8 hours on a full tank at a 25% load, the SC2300i is on the low end when compared to other generators of a similar power output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.14 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SC2300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (60 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 12.5 x 19.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SC2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1420 W||1420 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.