Zoom on the A-iPower SC2300i
In summary, the A-iPower SC2300i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers looking for even more independence
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SC2300i's core is the 79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1800W and a peak wattage of 2300W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the SC2300i can operate for up to 8 hours (fuel consumption around 0.14 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
The SC2300i generates a clean sine wave: providing <3% Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), delicate electronics can be plugged in its AC outlets safely.
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient and a 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style) receptacle with which charging your batteries is made easy.
Even though this A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, its L5-30R receptacle allows an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
The A-iPower SC2300i's characteristic encased inverter generator design (L20 x W12.5 x H19.5 in), provides an esthetical advantage over any ordinary, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
With a dry weight of 60 lbs, the SC2300i can easily follow you wherever your power needs are. Additionally, it can be easily moved with the help of its set of wheels and its telecospic handle, once it is on the ground.
The control panel of the SC2300i includes a digital data center, which assists you in monitoring its status and activity, as it provides information on the fuel level, lifetime run hours, power output and voltage.
In addition to this info, when the generator is overloaded, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
Apart from the typical documentation and an owner's manual, which lets you start it right away, the A-iPower SC2300i also is packed along with the following accessories: battery charging cables, RV adapter, oil, tool kit and funnel.
The A-iPower SC2300i is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, so it is adequate for use in forested areas.
The A-iPower SC2300i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SC2300i compare to generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- At a weight of 60 pounds, the A-iPower SC2300i places in the expected weight range of the generators in the 1500-2500 rated wattage range. If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Champion 200949, weighing just 38.6 pounds.
- With a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, this inverter generator places itself amongst the more quiet of the products delivering similar power. If noise emissions are important to you, one of the least noisy generators of this power range is the Honda EU2200i with only 48 dBA.
- Regarding its autonomy, the autonomy of the SC2300i, reaching up to 8 hours at a 25% load, can be considered as low end, compared to other products of a roughly equal output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Westinghouse WGen2000, boasting with up to 26 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator has an estimated fuel consumption of roughly 0.14 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load, rendering it somewhat average compared to devices of a similar output. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Predator 2000, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.08 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W generators, the A-iPower SC2300i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel kit included
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Decent weight (60 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1800 W|
|Starting watts||2300 W|
|Running amps||15 amps|
|Peaks amps||19.2 amps|
|Run time @50% load||Unknown|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port |
1x 12V 8A (cigarette lighter style)
|Data center||Power output, fuel level, lifetime run hours and voltage|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||20 x 12.5 x 19.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, RV adapter, battery charging cables, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SC2300i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1287 W||2287 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||1420 W||1420 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1340 W||1340 W|
Will 2 of these power a 13500 BTU rv air conditioner? (Asked January 22, 2021)
A 13.5 BTU air conditioner shoudld approximately (you'd need to check your actual wattages) require 2800 starting watts and 1600 running watts. So yes, two paralleled SC2300i units should power a 13.5 BTU RV air conditioner.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.