Zoom on the A-iPower SC2000i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower SC2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Tailgating and campground aficionados with the desire of enjoying power anywhere they go
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SC2000i houses a 79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1,600W along with a peak wattage of 2,000W. Moreover, since it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), its power may be doubled if linked to a second compatible unit.
With a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a conversation at home), the inverter generator features a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The SC2000i can operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH), due to its fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon.
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the SC2000i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel provides the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which charging of electronics like mobile phones and tablets is made convenient.
This A-iPower generator features an L5-30R receptacle, enabling an easy RV connection via an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included). However, it is still not quite RV ready.
As the A-iPower SC2000i is an inverter generator, its encased design (L21 x W12.5 x H19 in) offers more aesthetics than a conventional, open frame product. This type of design is the most modern and convenient way to recreationally generate power.
Weighing just 46 lbs, the SC2000i can be considered a lightweight portable generator. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
Some light indicators allow you to instantly see if the generator is ready, the oil level is too low and the generator is on overload.
A built-in fuel gauge allows for a quick, easy and convenient check of the fuel level of the inverter generator.
From a security standpoint, the product offers an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), allowing you to use it with a peace of mind.
With the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), letting you start the generator quickly, the A-iPower SC2000i also comes with several accessories, including: dual port USB adapter, RV adapter and funnel.
The A-iPower SC2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and therefore, can be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SC2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SC2000i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- Since the generator weighs in at a dry weight of 46 lbs, the A-iPower SC2000i belongs in the expected weight range for inverters which can produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 58 dBA is on the noisier side. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- Since the SC2000i boasts with a run time of around 7 hours at 50% load, it can be safely judged as a device of a higher run time than most inverter generators of a comparable output. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen2200, reaching around 10 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.11 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SC2000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel kit included
- High run time
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (46 lbs)
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x 5V USB port
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|21 x 12.5 x 19 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Bonded to frame
|Funnel, dual port USB adapter, RV adapter, and parallel cables
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SC2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.