-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 10
Gas + Senci engine
Gas + Yamaha engine
Zoom on the A-iPower SC2000i
In summary, the A-iPower SC2000i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- DIYers who wish to improve their efficiency with tools
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower SC2000i's engine, 79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke, fueled by gasoline, can deliver 120V. It provides a running wattage of 1,600W and reaches a peak wattage of 2,000W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
At a noise rating of 58 dBA (less noisy than a refrigerator), the inverter generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 1.1 gallon allows the SC2000i to operate for around 7 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.16 GPH).
The SC2000i produces a clean sine wave: thanks to a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), your sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets.
The control panel includes the following 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there's a 5V USB port with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
This A-iPower generator isn't quite RV Ready, but it features an L5-30R receptacle, allowing a simple RV connection through an L5-30P to TT-30R adaptor (included).
Thanks to its closed inverter generator design (L21 x W12.5 x H19 in), the A-iPower SC2000i, is more esthetical than a typical, open frame generator. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Since the SC2000i weighs only 46 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. The device can be easily moved by just one person and thus, its power may be enjoyed on-the-go. Its handle (molded in the case) allows you to carry it easily, further enhancing its convenience.
When the generator is on overload, the generator is ready and the oil level is too low, you will be informed by the featured light indicators.
The inverter generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the classic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, the A-iPower SC2000i also comes with some accessories: dual port USB adapter, RV adapter and funnel are included.
The A-iPower SC2000i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower SC2000i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower SC2000i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1500 and 2500 W).
- With a dry weight of 46 pounds, the A-iPower SC2000i finds itself in the expected weight range for inverter generators able to produce between 1500 and 2500 rated watts. In terms of weight, one of the champions in their power range is the Genmax GM2000i, standing at just 34.2 lbs.
- When compared to devices able to produce a similar running wattage, this inverter generator and its lowest emitted noise of 58 dBA is on the noisier side. If noise emissions are one of your priorities, you may be interested in the Honda EU2200i, one of the least noisy generators similarly powerful as this one, rated for 48 dBA.
- Offering around 7 hours of running time on a full tank at 50% load, the SC2000i is within the average autonomy range of similarly powerful inverter generators. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the Westinghouse iGen2200, reaching around 10 hours.
- Autonomy holds its importance, however, it is largely dependent on the generator’s fuel capacity and so, it is nonsensible to discuss it without mentioning fuel efficiency as well. This inverter generator can be considered as fuel efficient, due to its low estimated fuel consumption of only 0.16 GPH (gallon per hour) at 50% load, within the aforementioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen2200, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.11 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1500-2500W inverter generators, the A-iPower SC2000i is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this generator nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Several accessories included
- RV adapter included
- Yamaha engine
- Parallel kit included
- Fuel efficient
- Decent weight (46 lbs)
- Quiet, but noisy for its type (58 dBA)
- Decent run time
- No data center
- No electric start
Features and Specifications
|Engine||79 cc Yamaha OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1,600 W|
|Starting watts||2,000 W|
|Running amps||13.3 amps|
|Peak amps||16.7 amps|
|Run time @50% load||7 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets|| |
|DC outlets||1x 5V USB port|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||1.1 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||21 x 12.5 x 19 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||58 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Funnel, dual port USB adapter, RV adapter, and parallel cables|
|Other model numbers||SC2000iV|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower SC2000i is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||992 W||1992 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|RV AC (11,000 BTU)||1010||1600|
|Total||1270 W||1860 W|
|For work||Demolition hammer||1260||1260|
|Total||1260 W||1260 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.