Zoom on the A-iPower GXS1500i
In a nutshell, the A-iPower GXS1500i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator mostly geared towards:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower GXS1500i houses a 60 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1,200W along with a peak wattage of 1,500W. In addition, as it is parallel capable (parallel kit included), this power can be doubled when linked to another similar or compatible unit.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a quiet suburb), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a simple traditional pull-start mechanism.
Thanks to a fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon, the GXS1500i can operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.09 GPH).
Delicate electronics can be plugged in an AC outlets safely, as the GXS1500i generates a clean sine wave, reaching a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
In addition, it provides 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) with which you may charge electronics, for example mobile phones or tablets, conveniently.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18.3 x W11.2 x H17.5 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The design follows the contemporary trends and is perfect for recreationally generating power.
The GXS1500i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 26.4 lbs. The generator can be moved with ease by only one person and so it can be enjoyed on-the-go. In addition, a handle (molded in the case) lets you carry it easily and further increases its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the generator is overloaded, its oil levels are insufficient and the generator is ready.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower GXS1500i, the following accessories are also included: oil, tool kit and funnel.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower GXS1500i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower GXS1500i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- Weight-wise, the A-iPower GXS1500i has only 26.4 lbs, which renders it one of the lighter inverter generators which produce 1000 to 2000 rated watts. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Genmax GM1200i with only 25.3 pounds.
- With a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, the inverter generator is one of the more quiet of the generators of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the GXS1500i, with an autonomy of up to 8 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If autonomy is your priority, one of the devices of a similar power output with the highest run time is the DuroMax XP2300iH, reaching up to 13 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.09 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If fuel consumption is your top priority, we suggest to check out the Genmax GM1200i, which has a fuel consumption of only 0.07 GPH and thus, is one of the most efficient devices in our database.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the A-iPower GXS1500i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (26.4 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||60 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1,200 W|
|Starting watts||1,500 W|
|Running amps||10 amps|
|Peak amps||12.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.3 x 11.2 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||482 W||1482 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||950 W||1370 W|
|For work||Reciprocating saw||730||960|
|Total||810 W||1040 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.