Zoom on the A-iPower GXS1500i
In summary, the A-iPower GXS1500i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating buffs looking to enhance their experience
- Amateur DIY lovers
In the sections ahead, the power characteristics, availability of various outlets, the portability, and any additional features of the device shall be discussed, including its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower GXS1500i houses a 60 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which provides 120V, consumes gasoline and delivers a running wattage of 1,200W along with a peak wattage of 1,500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
The inverter generator is rated for a noise of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a conversation at home). Its starting mechanism is based on a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon allows the GXS1500i to operate for up to 8 hours with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.09 GPH).
Sensitive electronics can be safely plugged in the AC outlets, as the GXS1500i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
The control panel features the following 2 AC outlets:
Additionally, it features 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is an inverter generator and has an encased design of the following dimensions: L18.3 x W11.2 x H17.5 in. Thus, it is more aesthetical than conventional, open frame products. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
The GXS1500i is a lightweight, portable generator, as it only weighs 26.4 lbs. The product’s power can be enjoyed on-the-go, as it can be moved by a single person without trouble. It can also be carried without effort with a featured handle (molded in the case), further improving its convenience.
The light indicators show you if the oil level is too low, the generator is overloaded and the generator is ready.
From a security point of view, the generator is equipped with an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, giving you a peace of mind during use.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
While the standard documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), helpful for starting the device promptly, come with the A-iPower GXS1500i, the following accessories are also included: tool kit, oil and funnel.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this generator is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, making it usable in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower GXS1500i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower GXS1500i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- In terms of its dry weight, the A-iPower GXS1500i stands at only 26.4 lbs, meaning that is one of the lighter inverters of the 1000-2000 rated wattage category If weight is your top priority, one of the champions in this power category is the Pulsar PGD16iSCO, weighing just 24 pounds.
- Since this inverter generator is rated for a lowest possible noise of 52 dBA, it can be considered as one of the more quiet of the products generating similar power. For those who are looking for a less noisy device, we suggest the Honda EU2200i. With just 48 dBA, it is one of the most quiet devices in this power range.
- As far as autonomy is concerned, providing up to 8 hours of runtime with a full tank at a 25% load, the GXS1500i falls into the low end in comparison with other inverters of a comparable power output. Furthermore, considering the run times, one of the generators which have a roughly same power output, with the highest autonomy, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, as it provides up to 13 hours.
- The run time is important, but also hugely depends on the capacity of the fuel tank and doesn't mean much if we don't talk about fuel consumption as well. With an estimated gasoline consumption of 0.09 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load, this inverter generator is among the more fuel efficient of the products in the above-mentioned wattage range. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Westinghouse iGen1500c, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.07 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the A-iPower GXS1500i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (26.4 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|60 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulation
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)
|18.3 x 11.2 x 17.5 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Refrigerator (energy star)
|Cell phone charger
|Cell phone charger
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.