-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 0
Zoom on the A-iPower GXS1500i
In summary, the A-iPower GXS1500i is a quiet, compact and lightweight portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- Camping and tailgating hobbyists looking for a portable power source
- Amateur DIY lovers
In the following paragraphs, we shall explore the power characteristics, available outlets, portability, and any additional features of the device, along with its emission compliance information.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower GXS1500i's core is the 60 cc OHV 4-stroke engine, which runs on gasoline. With an output of 120V, it provides a running wattage of 1,200W and a peak wattage of 1,500W. In addition, the device is parallel capable (parallel kit included) and thus, can be linked to a similar or compatible unit for added power.
Enjoying a noise rating of 52 dBA (just slightly more noisy than a refrigerator), this inverter generator gets running thanks to a conventional pull-start mechanism.
With a full tank, the GXS1500i can operate for up to 8 hours (fuel consumption around 0.09 GPH), thanks to its fuel capacity of 0.7 gallon.
As the GXS1500i produces a clean sine wave, with a <3% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), sensitive electronics may be plugged in the AC outlets safely.
The control panel features the upcoming 2 AC outlets:
Furthermore, it has 2 DC outlets: there's two 5V USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C) allowing you to conveniently charge electronics such as mobile phones and tablets.
Since the A-iPower GXS1500i is an inverter generator, its closed design (L18.3 x W11.2 x H17.5 in) has an esthetical advantage over conventional, open frame devices. The generator has a contemporary design, convenient for recreationally generating power.
Since the GXS1500i weighs only 26.4 lbs, it can be labeled as a portable lightweight generator. As it can be moved by a single person without much effort, the generator and its power can be enjoyed on-the-go. This convenience is further enhanced thanks to its handle (molded in the case) that allows you to carry it with ease.
Several light indicators serve to show you when its oil levels are insufficient, the generator is ready and the generator is on overload.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
It also includes a carbon monoxide sensor. This sensor is designed to monitor the level of carbon monoxide present during the generator's operation. If the generator is positioned incorrectly and carbon monoxide levels rise to an unsafe level, the generator will automatically shut down.
Along the basic documentation and an owner's manual (opens in a new tab), useful for starting the generator right away, the A-iPower GXS1500i's package also includes these accessories: tool kit, oil and funnel.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. It can therefore be sold and purchased in all 50 states, including California.
Moreover, it features a spark arrestor, which makes it suitable for use in forested areas.
The unit also meets the ANSI/PGMA G300-2018 safety and performance requirements.
The A-iPower GXS1500i versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower GXS1500i compare to inverter generators of similar power (between 1000 and 2000 W).
- As far as its dry weight is concerned, the A-iPower GXS1500i weighs just 26.4 pounds and thus, it is one of the lighter 1000 to 2000 rated wattage inverter generators. If you are concerned by weight, one of the champions in the above-mentioned power range is the Genmax GM1200i, with a dry weight of just 25.3 pounds.
- At a lowest noise rating of 52 dBA, this inverter generator is one of the quieter devices of similar type and power. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU2200i, whose lowest noise levels reach just 48 dBA.
- As for its autonomy, the GXS1500i, with an autonomy of up to 8 hours at a 25% load, is placed on the low end among the generators of its kind. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the DuroMax XP2300iH, boasting with up to 13 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is one of the more fuel efficient models of the aforementioned output range, as its estimated fuel consumption reaches just 0.09 GPH (gallon per hour) at 25% load. If you wish to further improve in the area of fuel efficiency, the Genmax GM1200i, which boasts with a gas consumption of only 0.07 GPH, may be the right generator for you.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 1000-2000W inverter generators, the A-iPower GXS1500i is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- CO Sensor
- Several accessories included
- USB-C port
- Parallel kit included
- Lightweight (26.4 lbs)
- Quiet for its power (52 dBA)
- Fuel efficient
- No data center
- No electric start
- Relatively low run time
Features and Specifications
|Engine||60 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V|
|Running watts||1,200 W|
|Starting watts||1,500 W|
|Running amps||10 amps|
|Peak amps||12.5 amps|
|Run time @50% load||6 h|
|Run time @25% load||8 h|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Inverter|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||2x 5V USB port (USB-A and USB-C)|
|Indicators||Low oil, overload and output ready|
|Fuel tank||0.7 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||18.3 x 11.2 x 17.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||52 dBA|
|Compliance||CARB, EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring|
|Accessories included||Oil, funnel, tool kit, and parallel cables|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower GXS1500i is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||482 W||1482 W|
|For camping||RV refrigerator||180||600|
|Cell phone charger||20||20|
|Total||950 W||1370 W|
|For work||Reciprocating saw||730||960|
|Total||810 W||1040 W|
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.