-No User ReviewsWrite a review
ShortlistShortlistedRemoved from shortlist 4
Zoom on the A-iPower AP4000
In summary, the A-iPower AP4000 is a compact portable generator especially useful for:
- RV travellers who wish to upgrade their experience to another level
- People occasionally participating in outdoor fairs, festivals or events
- Handcrafting enthusiasts who wish to work on-the-go
- Homeowners in need of an emergency backup power for their essentials
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics, the different outlets it offers, its overall portability, the extra features it benefits from, and any relevant emission compliance details.
Power & Run Time
The A-iPower AP4000 is powered by a 208 cc (7 hp) Senci OHV 4-stroke engine. It delivers 120V, runs on gasoline and offers a running wattage of 3,000W as well as a peak wattage of 4,000W.
At a noise rating of 68 dBA (less noisy than a normal conversation), the generator is started via a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel capacity of 4 gallons allows the AP4000 to operate for around 12 hours at 50% load with a full tank (fuel consumption around 0.33 GPH).
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
This A-iPower generator is RV Ready, thanks to its TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for 'Travel Trailer').
The A-iPower AP4000 has the following dimensions: L23.2 x W16.9 x H18.5 in. In combination with its conventional, open frame design, they provide support and allow the generator to be raised above ground level. This type of design is ideal for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.
As the AP4000's weight is only 95 lbs, it can follow you and your power needs anywhere. Furthermore, the open frame of the generator further helps when holding and moving it to a different place.
The AP4000 and its control panel include a handy voltmeter that allows you to easily monitor power output anytime. This feature comes handy when monitoring its status and activity.
In addition to this info, a light indicator serves to show you when the oil level is too low.
The generator includes a built-in fuel gauge, a quick, easy and convenient method of checking the device’s gas level.
As for its security measures, the device features an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, letting you use it with a peace of mind.
Besides the usual set of documentation and owner's manual (opens in a new tab) to get you promptly started, A-iPower also included a tool kit in the AP4000's packaging.
The A-iPower AP4000 is EPA approved, but NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
However, it features a spark arrestor and thus, may be used in forested areas.
The A-iPower AP4000 versus other generators
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how some of the key specs of the A-iPower AP4000 compare to generators of similar power (between 2500 and 3500 W).
- As its weight is 95 pounds, the A-iPower AP4000 falls in the expected weight range of the devices in the 2500-3500 rated wattage category. If weight matters to you, one of the champions in this power range is the Pulsar PGD40iSCO with only 46 pounds.
- Among the generators of a comparable running wattage, this generator with a lowest noise of 68 dBA can be judged as noisy. If you’d prefer a less noisy device, one of the most quiet devices, which share the same power range with this one, is the Honda EU3000iS, whose lowest noise levels reach just 50 dBA.
- Thanks to an impressive running time of around 12 hours at 50% load, the AP4000 benefits from a higher run time than many generators of a similar output. If concerned with autonomy, one of the products of a comparable power output, which offers the highest run time, is the Predator 4375, boasting with around 16 hours.
- Run times are important, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This generator reaches an estimated fuel consumption of 0.33 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 50% load, making it average, for the previously mentioned wattage range. If you are concerned with gasoline efficiency, having a fuel consumption of just 0.22 GPH, the Pulsar PGD40iSCO is a device you could look out for.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other 2500-3500W generators, the A-iPower AP4000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget generator.
The bottom line
- RV Ready
- High run time
- Decent weight (95 lbs)
- Decent fuel efficiency
- No electric start
- Not CARB-compliant
- On the noisy side (68 dBA)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc Senci OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,000 W|
|Starting watts||4,000 W|
|Running amps||25 amps|
|Peak amps||33.3 amps|
|Run time @50% load||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unknown|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation||Yes|
|AC outlets|| |
|Fuel tank||Steel, 4 gal|
|Approx. dimensions (L x W x H)||23.2 x 16.9 x 18.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Neutral||Bonded to frame|
|Accessories included||Tool kit|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
A-iPower, a small company based in the USA, is a fresh face on the generator market. Their product line is comprised of engines, water pumps, pressure washers and of course, generators. The selection of A-iPower generators includes several conventional and inverted portable generators, many of which have an electric starter. The company has several facilities, including headquarters in California and a distribution center in Wisconsin. The production of their devices is, however, outsourced completely overseas, to China.
The A-iPower AP4000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the generator.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower generators, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.
Questions & Answers
What can it power?
|Item||Running Watts||Starting Watts|
|At home||Refrigerator (energy star)||192||1192|
|Total||2392 W||3392 W|
|For camping||Radiant heater||1300||1300|
|Total||2380 W||2800 W|
|Electric fence (25 miles)||250||250|
|Total||2380 W||3480 W|
Do I have to ground THE AP 4000 (Asked September 26, 2020)
For safety reasons, a generator should always be grounded.
Does the Ai-power 3000/4000 gasoline powered generator require a gas mixture to operate? (Asked February 15, 2021)
The unit's engine is 4-cycle. Gas mixtures are for 2-cycle engines.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.